[8] Port Awa

When we are born, we are crying, however as we grow up, we learn to hide our cries. In this world, everyone is wearing a mask, to which only they know the truth. How sad, it is that, we seek refuge in music and others, rather than, seeking it in ourselves.

She was also like that, however she gave up on finding refuge in others, a long time ago. As a child, she was neglected by everyone, except for her mother. Her mother was her heaven on Earth, and her father? He hated her. She saw it in his eyes.

She didn't really have friends growing up. Rue studied and learned about politics, at the mere age of eight, while her sister spent her time playing with her friends. She used to envy Yona. She was jealous of how everyone loved and cared for Yona, while she was forgotten.

After a certain amount of time, at the age of nine, she noticed a certain pattern in her mother's behavior. Her mother, the Queen, had become distant from her. And for the first time, the Queen had forgotten her birthday. Rue had finally turned 10 however, she spent it alone, as the whole palace was in festive mood for Yona's birthday.

Rue, realised that day, that she really was alone. No one was beside her. Until they came. Two boys who went by the names, Min-Soo and Ayato. For the first time in her life she felt loved and cared for. Min-Soo was close to her, but she and Ayato, were more than friends.

Over time, she fell in love with him. On her fifteenth birthday, they finally confessed to each other. Since then, they went on many secret outings, however, at the age of eighteen, her life crumbled.

As Rue walked through the port town, her hood on, she could not help but wonder about the happy smiles but dull eyes of the people. She was so engrossed in her thoughts, that she bumped into someone.

Her neon eyes sharply looked at the official. Her hood fell off when they bumped. The official gave her a look, and grabbed her wrist.

"Hey there! I can show you a good time. Just come with me."

But she simply shrugged off his hand and walked past him, raging him. Just as he was about to grab her, she swiftly kicked him in the gut. The official's eyes widened as he fell to the ground.

Bystanders crowded around her and the fallen official, as they watched them. Catching a glimpse of green hair, she smirked ever so slightly, and ran through the crowd.

Just as she passed the green haired man, their eyes met, and as if time had stopped for a few moments, his purple eyes widened when she smirked at him.

Time returned to its original pace, as her purple hair passed him, and he turned around and gazed at her disappearing silhouette.

Rue ran with her purple hair flowing behind her, she found him. No doubt, he was who she thought he was. She took a sharp turn into an alley, and leaned against the wall, as she watched the officers pass her.

Sensing a sudden presence, she turned around and narrowed her eyes, before putting on her facade. The green haired man, panted as he held up one hand, telling her to wait. She watched him catch his breathe, before standing straight.

"You run quite fast, I must say." He complimented. However, she stayed quiet.

"My name is Jae-Ha, and you are my lady? I would remember a beautiful girl as you, if I saw you here."

"Jae-Ha? I see. My name is, well, it is Rue. So, you are the renowned Ryokuryuu."

The green haired male narrowed his eyes, his warm demeanor now cold. His eyes became icy as they looked at her in sudden anger.

"How do you know who I am? Have you come to seek my power and make me your slave? How do- AHH!" He shouted in pain, as he felt his dragon leg throbbing. It felt like his blood was rushing backwards, as he heard a male voice.