[31] Digging Into The Past

Everyone was sitting around the bonfire as Yun kept handing out the soup. Rue had been gone for awhile and everyone was starting to worry a bit but that's when her footsteps caught their attention. Her hair which was always let down was in a pony tail. She walked to Yun and motioned him over.

"What do you think they are talking about?" Kija says as they look at the two standing a good distance from them.

"Whatever it is, it seems secret." Hak said as he stretched his arms a bit.

"Well, nee-chan has always been more open to Yun then the rest of us." Yona smiled softly.

Jae-ha looked at the girl and his eyes seemed to glaze over as he was reminded of their time in the woods. Hak noticed his gaze and narrowed his eyes slightly.

They were watching the two when they were surprised seeing Rue hug Yun and smiling. It was a first. They separated and nodded at each other before walking back to the others.

"Well I have news guys. Rue and Ken will be travelling with us. Apparently they were also heading to Ik-Soo's." He smiled as Rue took a seat beside Shin-ah.

"Yeah. Me and Ken needed to talk somethings out with Ik-Soo so we were heading there. Don't mind us tagging along then." She said with a soft expression.

"Really?" Yona grinned widely as the older sibling nodded.

"Yep."

"Well, well. Our group just seems to get weirder and weirder." Yun sighs as Rue shrugged.

"Oh one thing. Since you barely saw Ken in Awa let me warn you about something. Ken has a habit of provoking, pranking and teasing people so be careful." Her face paled as she sweated bullets of sweat.

"Why do you look like you just saw a ghost Rue?" Kija asked in concern.

"Well, I just remembered something. Let's say that when Ken wakes up I might or might not have to run for my life." She chuckles nervously. She nervously scratches her cheek and hopes that Ken wouldn't kill her when he woke up. With nervousness she took breathes in and out but it didn't help.

"What do you mean–" Yun was cut off by the paleness of Rue's face as he saw her looking behind him.

"Rue-chan~" A chilling voice rang out from behind as they watched Rue flinch and sweat bullets. They saw Ken cracking his knuckles as a dark aura surrounded him. Everyone moved away from the now demonic Ken. He seemed scary.

"K-Ken! You are awake!" She said nervously as she stood up and backed away slowly.

"Damn right I'm awake. So mind telling me why you used my daggers without asking me? You know I hate them being soiled right?" 

He walked closer as Rue stepped further back. The others watched the scene amused. The two assassins who were always so serious were now acting like kids.

"Well, you see, I, um, well. I'm sorry!" She squealed as she ran with Ken on her trail. She ran behind Hak and used him as a shield.

"Stop using others as a shield you brat!" Ken shouts.

"Never!"

"Hak, move please. I need to take care of this idiot." He says to the Thunder Beast. Hak looks at her for a moment before he smiles devilishly. Rue sweatdropped.

"Hak you better not move....."

He moved. The moment he moved, Ken tried to grab the girl but she ran again and away from him.

"COME BACK HERE!"

"YOU DAMN GENERAL SEAWEED!" She shouts.

Everyone laughs as they watch the two chase each other around. Rue runs to Zeno and uses him as a shield.