[10] Midnight

It was dead silent. No words were exchanged in-between them, as Hak's previous threat still lingered in the air. He was not joking; no he was dead serious. Hak can be all fun and games, until you piss him off. That's when shit gets real.

Rue felt an ominious aura and at once became alert. Her neon eyes flashed for a second before they calmed down. Her mind raced as she remembered her job. She couldn't stay here. She just can not.

"Where were you?"

"Huh?"

"Where were you all this time, Rue? You can not just dissapear whenever you want and just come back."

"Hak."

The tone of her voice made Hak look straight into her eyes, and flinching when he saw the look in her neon eyes.

Why am I feeling so afraid of her eyes?

"What are you doing here Hak? You don't belong here. You don't belong with me. You present and future is someone else, and that someone is not me." Her tone so soft as if she were analyzing her words before they were spoken.

Sometimes in life, you meet some people, who leave an effect in us. But sometimes instead of asking them to stay near us, we send them away in hopes that they would happier, at the cost of anything. Even our own happiness.

No matter how difficult it is for us to sent away the only people who we love, we do it because we believe that happiness is for them, it is somewhere where we are not there.

How sad it is that we give up our own happiness, our own love and sometimes our very soul for the happiness and peace of someone else? How long must we be hurt before it becomes too much? We may never know.

Rue was doing something similar to that. For Yona's happiness. For Hak's happiness. For Ki-Ja, Shin-Ah and Yun. For Jae-Ha.

Her encounter with each dragon made her realise, that she had no role in Yona and Hak's life. She never did.

"Join us. Stay with us. Believe us. Love us. Trust us. More importantly, smile with us. Ever since he died, I have never seen you smile. You don't even cry! How long will you torture yourself? We are right here, standing beside you. Reaching our hand out, just grab onto."

"Hak......"

And in that moment, for a second, just a second, Rue felt like that she could actually belong somewhere. But his next words shattered her that feeling.

"Yona needs you Rue. She is lost without you. She deserves the love of her only family. She deserve at that much."

How stupid of me to think he cared about me. It's never me, it's always Yona. It's always her. And it's never me.....

"Hak, I'll say this once so listen carefully and make sure this reaches her, Yun and the dragons as well."

Hak widened as her next words left her lips, as her eyes became the coldest neon color he had ever seen.

Hak entered the camp, his eyes blank, and the others ran over to him. Yona came forward and asked the one question that revolved around their minds.

"Hak. What happened? Where's Rue?"

"Say something Hak." She desperately said.

"Everyone might wanna take a seat before I say this." He said from his spot on the rock.

Following his words they took their seats and listened carefully.

He told them everything that Rue said. Her words fresh as a new wound in his mind.