[24] The Dawn Has Broken

Yona, Kija, Hak, Shin-Ah, Yun and Jae-ha widened their eyes in shock as the female fell backwards into the water. They noticed the dark look on Ken's face and flinched. Hak, Kija and Jae-ha gulped at the murderous intent and aura that surrounded him.

Yona shook slightly in terror as she realised that they had underestimated the power that Ken and Rue had hidden. They watched as Rue attacked Kumji again and again without giving him time to recover. She threw one of her knives at his arm and threw another one that had stabbed itself into his other arm.

The six of them watched as the female mercilessly slaughtered and attacked Kumji. Yona and Yun were terrified as they held to each other, Jae-ha and Hak's eyes were wide in terror, while and Shin-Ah watched in horror. What they didn't know was the conversation that was going on between the two.

||♪||

"Tell me how does it feel?"

Slash!

"Please! Have mercy!"

She paused her movements as her yellow eyes became ice-like. A twisted smile came over her lips as she crouched infront off him. Kumji trembled in fear. With a whisper his eyes widened in horror.

"We begged, too. We cried and begged you to let them live. You didn't. And you, you have caused two of my loved ones to die. What makes you think I will let you live?" She tilted her head, eyeing him in anger.

Kumji screamed again as Rue stabbed his thigh and twisted the blade. His screams rang out through the silence of the night sending shivers down everyone's spine and causing them to gulp in fear.

||♪||

"Yona." A deep voice rang out. Yona, Hak, Yun, Jae-ha, Kija and Shin-Ah face the male, Ken, who had just arrived and was standing on the railing. His eyes were dark which caused a shiver down their spines.

"Ken-San. Why is Rue doing this? Can't she stop? Why would she torture him do much?" Yona asked desperate her purple eyes clashing with his yellow ones.

"Yona. You think this is too much? Yona you have no idea what your sister can do. What you are seeing now is nowhere near her and mine full strength. But....." He trailed off.

Hak narrowed his eyes and asked, "But what? What is it?"

"She is too much engrossed in her emotions." He sighed.

Jae-ha asked him with wide eyes, "Engrossed? What are you saying?"

"Exactly what you understand. She holds a deep rage that none of you can ever understand." Ken continued, "This is her being kind."

"Kind? This is kind?" Yun's blood went cold.

"Rue holds enough rage to mutilate him but she's not doing it." Ken looked at Yona, "Why do you think?"

The message was clear.

Rue is holding back because Yona is here.

Yona and the others widened their eyes in shock at the revelation. Kija and Shin-Ah clenched their hands and thought about their first meeting. Jae-ha remembered that night under the stars when she talked to him. Yona and Hak remember their encounters at the palace. Their smiles and laughs. Yun recalls how she took care of him and Ik-soo.

Rue. Who are you?

They realise that they never knew her from the starting. It had been years since Hak and Yona saw her. Yun knew her for not too long. Kija and Shin-Ah never were close to her much. But Jae-ha remembers their words under the stars. That night Jae-ha saw a part of her that he never expected.