[9] Deaths

The group looked at the town with fascination, and took glimpses at the different stores. Hak, stayed on alert in case they saw her. He was surprised yesterday, and all the issue with the officers. But what he didn't know, was that she was already following them.

Her neon eyes trailed after the group, as they walked around town. She ran a hand through her long purple hair, as she walked from roof to roof, following them. Her coat flowed ever so slightly behind her.

Her movements were as precise as cat. She was so quiet and careful, that you would never believe that it was impossible to be this quiet. Rue frowned when she saw them peering into the inside of one of the houses.

Her neon eyes, widened ever do slightly, when she saw the state of the people inside. A kid was hiding, while the man was trying to save him. She had an irritated look, as she watched the two officers thrash the place. She had a look of disbelief when Yona and the others, went on their ways.

How selfish. They care so much about their cover, that they leave a kid to die. How pathetic.

She stopped following them, and jumped from the roof. Covering the lower half of her face with a black cloth, she walked towards the officers. They stopped when they heard the clicking of boots, turning around they came face to face with her.

"God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."

She said, before lunging forward and attacking them. She dodged their clumsy defences, and slashed at them, a blank look in her eyes.

All emotion gone, replaced with a hollowness. She kept on slashing and attacking the officers, in the end, putting them to eternal sleep.

This was Rue. The real her, was not a princess or a queen. It was a monster. The devil, as people sometimes called her. She was the epitome of evil.

However, her evil was for the good. Rue discarded all feelings when in battle. She would be overcome by a thirst of blood, and she would never feel an once of guilt. Her sense would get 100 times heightened when in battle. In battle you will never see a girl, you see a god of death.

She rushed over to the kid and his father. She kneeled down infront of them, and slowly took the child in her arms. Her lips pursued as she hoped that the kid was not dead yet. The man cried in pain, begging for God, begging for anyone, to save his son.

Rue softly placed her fingers on the kid's neck to check his pulse. Her eyes darkened when she felt nothing. She closed the little boy's eyes, and softly handed him back to his father. The father looked at her with blank, terrified eyes, as he awaited her next words. He trembled in fear as he could not feel his son, breathe or move.

"I am sorry. But he is no more, please give him a proper burial. He deserved that much." With that, she walks out of the house, only to be meet with violet eyes and flaming hair.

Yona.

Said girl's eyes sadly look at her sister, as she places a hand on her arm. Her eyes widen as Y/N slaps her hand her away. The males behind her tense up, they could sense the dark atmosphere.

"Rue-nee.....I am sorry."

"You people are really selfish."

Her words made the group look at her in shock. Hak wanted say something but words just wouldn't come out. Yoon, Shin-Ah and Ki-Ja, clenched their fists, as Yona looked at her with wide eyes.

"Why? Why would you say something like that, Rue? Just what did we do wrong?" Yun asked desperately.

"Yona, you can never save the kingdom, if you only care about yourself. You people could have saved this child. You could have protected someone's future. Because of your hesitance, a loving father has lost his only son. A young child, has lost the love of a parent."

"But we would be in danger, if we interfered. And that would definitely lessen our chances of finding the green-"

"Green Dragon? I know. You think I am dumb enough not to know why you are here. Did you know that I have already found him? But is looking for the four dragons warriors your only aim? Is your cover more important than a person's life? You tell you are here to save the kingdom by gathering the four dragons. You want to save the kingdom? Don't make me laugh. You couldn't even save a small child's life!"

"Nee-chan......." Yona said in despair.

"Kija, Hak it seems I was wrong about you. You have truly dissapointed me. Remember, Kija? I warned you, protect the people around you by yourself or there will be bloodshed."

With that, Rue walked away, but Hak grabbed her arm, and pulled her. He firmly held her in place, and pulled her, while he continued walking. His face blank as he did so, and didn't say anything to Rue and only, pulled her with him.

"White Snake, Shin-Ah, take care of the others. I need to have a talk."

The others walked towards camp, deciding that they would venture the town again tomorrow. Yona and Ki-Ja were surprisingly really quiet.

"Shin-Ah, Ki-Ja."

"Yes, princess?" Ki-Ja said in reply, while Shin-Ah just looked at her.

"Did you feel something when you saw her? Like she is your master?"

"Princess, I have hid something from you. I knew your sister, before I met you, even though it was a brief encounter."

"........me too."

The duo looked at the two dragons in surprise. How and when did Rue find them? Questions swirled in their head, as they looked at the dragons urging them to continue.

"I met Rue... when she came to my village to warn me that, you were near, and to never betray you. With that she left, but I did feel an awakening."

"Shin-Ah?"

"She came.... the day before you arrived.... and told me that a red haired girl would save me...... from the darkness. I felt..... the awakening....... but she was gone........ before I could speak to her." Shin-Ah said softly.

Yona nodded and gave a smile, she understood that, this was a surprise to them, to see her here. But what pained her the most was that, she couldn't save a child. She walked away to her tent and closed it, before excusing herself.

As she sat in the tent, she slowly put her hand into her pocket and pulled out a ring. Her eyes saddened as she looked at the ring and let out a pained sigh. Her hand trembled, ever so slightly as she remembered the time when she got that ring.

"Yona-chan! Happy birthday!"

"Arigatou Nee-chan!"

"No problem!"

"Damn. Nice ring you got there, baka. Plank where did you get it from?"

"Hak! Don't be rude to Rue-chan, and leave Yona-chan alone!"

"Arigatou Soo-Won. But you don't need to protect me! It is Yona-chan that should be protected!"

"Nee-chan!"

And laughter echoed through the castle, as the servants smiled at the young kids.

Yona smiled in bitterness, remembering the old, happy days. The sky under which they sat together was now long gone. The stars that saw their laughter, now forever dimmed.

Otou-san can I really change this Kingdom? Please, help me. Please give me back my sister. My precious onee-chan.

Mèanwhîlè

"Oi! Let me go!" Rue protested as she was being dragged by the mountain of a figure. Her neon eyes, eyed him distastefully, as he dragged her like a ragged doll.

"Oi!" He still had not stopped, they were already in a lonely part of the forest. How much more far was he gonna drag her?

"Hak!" He stopped. She pushed him away, and broke free from his grip. She was about leave, but heard a dark aura. She looked at Hak, and saw his darkened face.

"Don't you dare leave Rue. Or else you are gonna see the worst side of me. And I swear you won't like it."