[14] Sunrise and Sunsets

Every sunrise marks the beginning of new day, and every sunset marks the beginning of a new night.
-

Two years ago

"Ayato! Leave me!" Rue screamed as she ran away from the blonde running after her.

"Not a chance, Rue!" Ayato screamed back.

Rue ran into a small clearing, where two large tents were set up and ran to the platinum blonde haired beauty, Kiara. Using her as a form of shelter. Kiara laughs, as Rue uses her as a shield.

"Stop using Kiara as a shield! Ken, look your girlfriend is being used as shield." Ayato shouted out to Ken who was just returning with wood.

"Oh man. Seriously? Can't we have one peaceful morning?" Ken grumbles playfully.

"Ken, darling just hold off Ayato, while Rue escapes can you? Then when she runs off, he will also leave." Kiara chuckles softly.

"Oi! Leave me Ken!" Ayato struggles against Ken as young Rue again takes off into the forest.

"Kiara? Now?" Ken asks his girlfriend.

"Yes, let him go. Go on Ayato." Kiara shooes off Ayato.

Ken walks to Kiara and gently backhug's her, as a stirs the soup. He plants a soft kiss on her head, and hums to her. They sit near the fire and Kiara leans into Ken, as they hear the shouts of Ayato and Rue as they run around the woods.

||~||

"Ayato~ I'm said, I'm sorry!" Rue grumbles as Ayato keeps chasing her.

"Yeah right! I'm not letting you off so easily." He laughs as he jumps over yet another tree root.

"I am sorry that I put a squirrel in your bag, and that whem you opened it, the squirrel scratched your face." Rue apologized yet again.

"Gotcha!" Ayato playfully teases Rue as he grabs her. He swings over his shoulder and heads to camp.

"Are we seriously going back to camp like this?" Rue asks.

"Yep." Ayato grins.

"It's embarrassing!" Rue yelled flustered. "Let me down!"

"Yeah. No."

"Ah!"

"Stop shouting woman!"

||~||

"This is awkward." Ken says, as Kiara runs into the blue tent, blushing.

"Yeah it is." Ayato sweatdrops, as Rue runs after Kiara with a grin.

What happened was that, when Ayato and Rue came back, Ken and Kiara were doing 'adult' stuff. They obviously weren't expecting the other two to return so early.

Rue was finding it amusing because she had not expected to find the two in such a situation. Ayato and Ken decided to just keep watch as they heard Rue tease Kiara inside the tent.

"Rue joining us has been nice." Ayato said as he added more wood to the fire.

"Of course, you would say that. Don't think we haven't seen the heart eyes you give her." Ken smirked as Ayato blushed and threw a log at him.

"Shaddup!"

Ayato poked the burning wood with a stick as he mumbled, "Besides, she doesn't see me like that."