[28] The sky that is gone

If both of us were fated to suffer misery, then let me give you my share of joy while I take away your suffering.
-Y/N

||♪||

Ages for the flashback.
Yona— 6 y/o
Hak— 8y/o
Soo-Won— 8 y/o
Rue— 9 y/o

||♪||

Hiryuu Castle Ten Years Ago

The castle was gloomy throughout. The atmosphere was dark and grim. The Queen had passed away. Empress Kashi of Kouka had been killed by assassins. The country was mourning in grievance for the Empress.

Father, don't cry. Even though mother is not there, I am here. Please don't be sad. Plus.... Soo-Won is here with me.

A young, sad voice spoke in her mind as she sat alone. Yona was still in mourning, her petite heart was drowned in sadness.

Father please look after Yona. It hurts. It hurts a lot. I can't hold off this pain...anymore. But....

A scared and tired voice rang out as her neon eyes dulled in pain. Y/N smiled a little bit.

I atleast saved Yona.

——

"Yona! Look it's snow!" A cheerful voice rang out as a young Soo-Won rang towards the still sad Yona.

"Yes." She smiled softly.

"Look I made a snow man." He held infront of her.

"Look I made something strange!" He held weird shapes.

".......Yona." Soo-Won whimpered sadly. The female jolts and smiles.

"I'm fine!" She jumped.

"I'm have to be happy so that father doesn't cry anymore!"

"Guh!"

"Eh?" "Hmm?"

Yona looked down along with Soo-Won and saw Hak under her foot. Hak deadpanned at the Princess causing her to tumble back.

"You are heavy."

"!!!?"

"Hak?!" Yona exclaimed in surprise.

"Yeeey! Hak!" Soo-Won cheered.

Hak lays comfortably in the snow as he remarks at the Princess.

"Look where you are stepping, Princess. I was in a good mood too."

"Why are you lying here?" Yona's curiosity peeks through.

"To engrave proof of my existence on Earth." He says as he builts a silhouette of his form in the snow.

"?!"

"When there is snow piling around then it is only natural to lay down on the ground and stretch yourself as much as you can." Hak grins as Soo-Won becomes enthralled by Hak.

"So cool, Hak!"

Whoomp!

Snow hits Hak's face as he freezes in shock.

"You make a good target for my snowballs too." Yona tosses a snow ball up and down on her palm.

"OH-HOH!" An irk mark forms on Hak's head as he glared at the Princess.

The three of them start playing in the snow and throwing snowballs at one another as the sadness passes by them.

"Yona's energy is back!"