[20] The Bitter Memoirs of the Past

'With that bright smile that hides your pain who do you think you are fooling?'

'Myself.'
-NA

||♪||

Perhaps not everyone will find their happy ending. But one thing is for sure and it is written by the Fate itself. To every story there is a beginning and to every beginning there is an end.

Maybe the reason why every story is different is because every person in this universe has their own chapter. A chapter that began when they first breathed in the air of this world.

As a kid we make many mistakes and have many dreams. But when your dreams are broken and crushed time again then you just forget how to dream.

Perhaps the reason why we are so scared to make mistakes is because it has been instilled in us since we were young that if we make mistakes then we failed as a human being.

But what's scary is the fact that most people would not hesitate to tell a child that if they want to be loved then they would have to work for it? I mean how can you tell a child, barely an adult that they have to work for the love and care that they deserve.

I mean how sick is that? A child is like a flower. If taken care of properly in it's early ages when it is a bud then it will flourish into a beautiful flower. But if neglected then sure it would find someway to grow but it would have lost its beauty and innocence.

||♪||

All her life she never asked for anything except three things. Her parents' love, to not be separated from her loved ones and lastly to survive.

She was only, but a child, of a mere age of six when her heart was broken by her own father.

"Father!" Her honey like voice echoes through the walls as she rushed to her father's chamber. She was smiling brightly as she was greeted by the palace workers and guards.

Her footsteps became slower as she neared her father's chamber. As she was about to open the door, she froze.

Voices came from the room and they were having what seemed to be a conversation.

"Il-Heika the Eldest Princess has been asking for your permission to meet you since today morning."

"Rue? Tell her I am busy."

"But Il-Heika you are going to a picnic with Her Highness the Queen and Second Princess Yona. Would you not take Princess Rue?" The servant said in a sad and surprised tone.

A picnic? Without me? Surely papa won't leave without me. Right?

"Take her? Nonsense! Why would I take the wrench with me when my wife and daughter are already going."

It was not a question. It was a statement.

Her lips quivered as she gulped.

Papa doesn't mean that... He is just joking. Right?

"But Il-Heika she has been requesting to see you for the last three days. And most of all it is her birthday tomorrow are you not even going to greet her?"

"Greet her? You must be joking. There shall be no celebration for her birthday. But now that I think of birthdays...."

She brightened up. I knew it! Papa wouldn't just ignore my birthday!

"..... Start the preparation for Yona's birthday. It's next week."

What?

With that tears fell down her eyes as her small hands clenched into fists. She looked at her father's door once more and took a step back. Her left hand was loose as the piece of paper fell to the ground.