Chapter 5

It had been two years since Kion rescued you from Janja, and since you became a member of the Lion guard. You had thr most sincere heart, and would put everyone else from the team before you. That's why you were a Lion Guard member. You were alseep beside Kion, whose gentle breathing helped you relax. You snuggled closer.

"Am I too comfortable?" He mumbled. You chuckled.

"A bit. If your fur wasn't so soft, I may have an easier time getting up in the mornings." You replied, earning a small laugh from Kion in return. Kion had grown. His mane still wasn't fully grown, but it appeared in more places around his neck. That really was the only thing that changed about him. You two still acted like kids, but you wouldn't have had it any other way.

"It's dawn... Wanna go out?" He asked. You nodded.

"Shhhh..." You shushed Kion as he stepped on a small pebble near his mother. She stirred slightly. He gave you an apologetic look. You rolled your eyes. Both of you finally made it down without waking everyone up. Bunga met you guys once you you and Kion got down.

"Hey, guys! How's it going?" He asked cheerfully. Out of everyone in the Lion Guard, Bunga grew the most. Mainly because he was older than everyone by a year (just go with it). He had a family of his own, two sons and a daughter.

"Great, thank you. How about you?" Kion asked. Bunga sighed.

"Jennae is the same as always, and Landon and Luka... Well, they've been driving their mother crazy. But other than that, all is well." He explained. You and Kion laughed.

"Well, we're just taking our morning stroll. Tell the kids we said hi." You said as you and Kion walked away. Bunga gave a thumbs-up.

"Will do!" He called after you and Kion. The two of you went down to your favorite watering hole. You and Kion looked at your reflections. They formed into one.

"See? It was like destiny brought us together. We're one." Kion said as he licked your cheek. You blushed a small bit and giggled. Suddenly, your attention turned to a small lion no older than you. She was skinny, dirty, and... Shaking. Kion noticed. You guys started to walk towards her. She backed away.

"It's okay, we won't hurt you." You said. The cub's ears perked up.

"Kion? (Y/N)? Two members of the Lion Guard?" She asked. You and Kion nodded.

"What's your name?" Kion asked.

"Yuri! But... I can't talk to you two..." She said quetly. You walked over to her and examined her. She had cuts all over her body, she was dirty, and incredibly skinny.

"I know what this is..." You said quietly. Painful memories came back. "Janja." You said more loudly. Yuri nodded.

"He found me last year... Took me in when my parents were killed. He wants me to be his future queen." She sniffed. Kion walked towards you.

"Hey, don't worry. We'll get him." He said. You nodded. Suddenly, your attention landed on a lion running up to you guys. Yuri gasped.

"It's a lion of my clan... It's Maneau!" She exclaimed, running up to him. He nuzzled her fur. They said a few words, then Maneau let out a roar of thanks and appreaciation. You and Kion roared back.

"Well... That was... Odd." Kion said. You nodded.

"Yeah..." You replied. As the day went by, you couldn't get Janja off your mind. You didn't want to hear his name again, you didn't want to see him again. Kion became worried about you, but you insisted you were okay. Later that night, you had a dream.

"Mama!" You said, bounding up to your mother. She was the most beautiful lion you ever knew. Her name was (M/N). Your father was unknown, as he abandoned (M/N) when she was pregnant with you.

"(Y/N)! I'm so happy to see you!" Your mom cried as she nuzzled you to her chest. You laughed.

"I was only gone for a couple hours!" You giggled. Your mom sighed.

"Yes, but you must be careful. You never know who would want to take you from your family." She said. You nodded.

"I know, mama. But I'm a tough lion cub!" You growled playfully and jumped onto a large rock. Your mother laughed.

"Yes, you are. Now come, dinner is waiting for us!" She said. You smiled at your mom.

Later that night, while everyone else was asleep, you were still awake. You thought about what your mom said. Who would want to take you away? You thought no one was bad in the circle of life. But you still pondered on it. You went to sleep.

"(Y/N)!! RUN!!" Your mother called. You jumped onto a branch from above. Fire was everywhere.

"I... Can't! Mama, help me!" You cried. (M/N) paced back and forth. She didn't see a way to save you.

"I'll... I'll go get help!" She called. You nodded, tears in your eyes. She left, and you waited, and waited, but she never came back.

"Mama? Mama! Where are you?! Mama!!" You called. Suddenly, a figure appeared on the cliff above. "Mama?!" You exclaimed. The figure made their way down, but it wasn't (M/N). It was a hyena.

"Little cub, what are you doing here all alone?" He asked. You sniffed.

"My mama left me. Please help me!" You pleaded. The hyena grabbed you by the scruff of your neck, and jumped back up to safety. You coughed.

"You should learn to get out of situations yourself. Not everyone is going to be there for you... But I will." He said. You looked at your hero in admiration.

"Can... Can I come with you?" You asked. The hyena smiled.

"Why, of course. You can call me Janja." He said. You stood up and nuzzled against him. He made a face of disgust, but you didn't notice.

"Thanks for saving my life, Janja! Hey, maybe you can teach me to save myself! By the way, my name's (Y/N)!" You said as you bounced ahead. Janja laughed.

"Don't worry, (Y/N), I will... But in good time." He added with an evil smile.

You woke up panting. Kion woke up as well.

"(Y/N), what's wrong?" He asked in worry. You snuggled closer to Kion and cried softly. He wrapped his tail around you protectively, and his paw on top of yours. You cried into his mane. He licked your cheek until you stopped crying. "It's okay, (Y/N). It's okay." He said softly. You sniffed.

"I can't go back..." You said even quieter. However, Kion seemed to have heard. He knew you were talking about Janja.