Chapter 7

That night, you got up to leave. Janja wouldn't stop until he had what he wanted, so the only way was to stop him. You made your way around the sleeping lionesses, and past Kion. You sighed sadly.

I'm sorry, Kion... But I need to do this. You thought. You kept walking towards low ground. Dawn was arising. You needed to move fast. The circle of life was rising faster as you ran. Thoughts clogged your mind. What if he kills me? What if he takes me as his Queen?

Back with Kion:
Kion woke up. He was about to give you your morning kiss, but he noticed you were gone.

"Mom! Dad!" He cried. At once, Simba and Nala woke up.

"Kion? What is it? Where is (Y/N)?" Simba asked. Kion paced back and forth in worry.

"I think... I know.... She went looking for Janja." He said. He stepped on a rock. "Ow!" He growled, and shook it away. The rock landed in the dirt next to... Pictures. There was a message made of pictures. Kion thought very hard about this. Then he knew. Rafiki.

Back with you:
You finally reached the outlands. Everything seemed more... Dark and gloomy. This isn't what you expected, and you knew Janja was the cause of all of this. You continued forward past all of the geizers that bubbled with black tar and burning hot water. The aura around you was... Evil. You didn't like it one bit. With a shiver, you walked under a large ribcage of what looked like an elephant.

"This is horrible..." You whispered. More bones of animals large and small surrounded you. The more bones you saw, the more anger filled your body. Janja would pay for what he did to all these helpless animals. Suddenly, you heard a whimper. You turned around to see a small lion cub. She looked familiar. It wasn't Yuri, but it was...

"Tifu!" You yelled quietly. It was Tifu, one of Kiara's best friends. You ran over, and helped wedge her out from between two large rocks.

"Thank you (Y/N)! I tried to escape, but they had me surrounded.... They were everywhere... I'm scared, (Y/N), I wanna go home!" She cried. You nuzzled her reassuringly.

"Don't worry, I'll get you out of here. But... Who's "they"?" You asked. Tifu looked at you with panic stricken eyes.

"Janja and his clan." She said. At that moment, the cackling of hyenas could be heard.

"Get behind me, Tifu. I won't let them hurt you." You said. Tifu did as she was told. Janja appeared from behind a large rock.

"(Y/N).... Long time no see." He said.

"Yeah, and I preferred it that way." You scoffed. Janja clicked his tongue.

"You've always had such a mouth... I guess you've never learned to keep it shut." He said, almost a whisper. Your ears flattened.

"I know what you're doing, Janja, but it won't work! I am here to stop you! You shall not do any more harm!" You growled. Janja only laughed.

"You cannot defeat us! There's only one of you! This will be fun!" Janja grinned. You sheathed your claws into the dirt, ready to fight. However, Tifu stopped you.

"Don't. It's no use. Let's just go home." She said. You looked at Janja, begging for a fight. However, you gave in to Tifu's request.

"Okay Tifu. Let us go home, Janja, and we will finish this later." You snarled. Janja licked his lips.

"I will wait for you... My queen." He said. At those two words, your pupils shrank in fury.

"That's it! Tifu, go home!" You yelled as you ran at Janja. You extracted your claws, and took a swipe at him. The other hyenas were laughing in excitement and delight. Janja dodged it.