Chapter 1- 8

[Floor in the Military Headquarters, in front of the Fuhrer's Office]

Soldiers: Go inside. The Fuhrer wants to interrogate you in person.

[Ed gets inside the Fuhrer's Office]

Ed: Shut up, where's that arrogant Fuhrer?

Roy: It's remarkable that such a disappointing figure has the courage to break into the Fuhrer's palace alone.

Ed: Who is it!?

[Ed turns around to Roy]

Ed: How could it be your annoying bun face!?

Roy: That sounds familiar.

Ed: Why are you in the Fuhrer's office?

Roy: I'm the Fuhrer here, and thus in the Fuhrer's office. Is this so incredible?

Ed: What happened?

Roy: It's me who should interrogate you, and not the other way around.

Roy: Who are you? What's the purpose of breaking into the palace late at night? Who assigned you?

Roy: Unless you want to suffer, make sure to answer my questions one by one.

Ed: Hey, even though I'm not afraid of you, I still have to tell you that if someone sneaked in here yesterday, it wasn't me.

Ed: Whether you believe it or not, he can change his appearance at will, including mine.

Roy: I was lucky enough to witness that last night.

Roy: But is there any proof that it's not the assassin's changed form who's standing before me?

Ed: I have no proof.

Roy: If you have no evidence... then I can't trust you so easily.

If I had any evidence, then I'd have shown it already, so I didn't have to stay here and see your face.

Ed: Uh... I thought that, if you became the Fuhrer, you'd understand better.

Ed: But it seems that no matter how high you climb, you're still the same...

Roy: You really dare to say that.

Ed: What are you doing!!?

[Roy grabs Eds wrist and pushes him down on his desk, their faces close to each others. Ed blushes lightly]

Roy: Then let's do some experiment with the body to verify it with our own eyes.

Ed: What do you mean?

Ed: You, what are you going to do!?

Ed: Why are you always such an asshole everywhere?

[Roy looks more serious and somewhat dangerous, Ed's blush disappears, Roy hurts Eds Hand who is now bleeding a little]

Roy: Don't say anything.

Ed: !?

[Riza opens the door, but stays there instead of entering. She reads from her report, not looking up at the two]

Riza: Fuhrer, sir.

Riza: Just now, the captain of the guard reported that at 1 p.m. ,

Riza: the criminal who broke into the palace last night was arrested in the woods outside the city.

Riza: He's now detained in the 13th cell. Excuse me. Please continue.

[Riza closes the door and goes]

Roy: ....

Ed: ....

[Roy lets Ed go and stands straight again, some space between them]

Roy: (Couch) The wound didn't heal, so I suppose you're not the assassin from last night.

Roy: But what's your relationship with him? He seems to be looking for you all the time.

Ed: Why should I answer you? If I have no evidence, I can't convince you no matter what I say, isn't it?

Roy: You're quite an unreasonable child... So what's your name, Fullmetal brat?

Ed: Don't call me that. I want to go away.

Roy: Wait.

Ed: What now?

Roy: This is for you.

[Roy hands Ed two tissues]

Ed: Huh?

Roy: It's for wrapping up that wound, so it doesn't get infected.

Ed: .......

Ed: Edward Elric. That's my name.

Roy: Nice to meet you, Edward Elric.

Ed: .....

Ed: (Actually... you rarely call me by my name.)

Ed: Then goodbye. "Fuhrer, sir".

[Ed leaves the Office]

Roy: ....

[Roy takes the phone and contacts the guards]

Roy: It's me.

Roy: Track the Boy.

Continue on page "Chapter 1 - 9" !