One

Summer vacation 2018, the summer they're all able to drink legally. Everyone is excited. First party at Pha's house.

What a spectacular idea.

A pool party.

Kit was not prepared.

¨¨¨

The music begins to move the people outside, along the pool, as the alcohol slowly starts to kick in. I'm looking how more people flow through the doors and turn to Pha's side. "How the hell you know all these people?"

Pha grins and looks around. "I don't. I just told few handsome buddies about the party," he shrugs his shoulders and takes a sip of his beer.

I also can feel the alcohol kicking inside my veins as I stand up. I shake my head slightly before walking to the bathroom, do my business. I stop before the sink and look on my right side, to find a dude sitting on the floor, eyes closed as he leans his head on the wall.

"Excuse me," I say and frown. Who the hell is this drunk already? I wash my hands and dry them, without having any response.

So I step closer and kick the dude gently. His eyes open but he doesn't turn his gaze on my direction. He just hums.

"You just saw me pee, can you find somewhere else to sleep? You're lucky it's me and not someone who'd get mad," I say and squat in front of me. The dude smiles, looking amused.

"Have you ever been in love?" he suddenly asks. Taken aback I shake my head.

"Huh?"

He finally lifts his head and looks at me with sad eyes. It's not hard to guess he has cried more than ten minutes. And I'm so not going to listen to anyone's heartbreak.

"Well, whatever you're dealing with, you need to drink," I say and pull him up, taking him outside to the drinks table.

Why?

Because I've never been in love. But what I've seen, people who have, and who lose that love, always drink.

"Drink and forget. Remember they're not worth a single tear."

I stuff his hand with a shot and take one myself. "Drink!"