Six

He smiles and laughs a lot, free to go and do whatever he likes. The whole world ready, waiting to be explored. He was always looking forward those adventures. 

Out of nowhere all his plans are manipulated by someone. Kit turns around to see a handsome face. He isn't sure why, when and what is happening. 

From the evening he kissed him on the pool, Kit has felt unsure. 

What is the world he's sticking his foot into and what is it that tempts him so much, welcoming him. Whatever it is, it better be good.

"So... this is my place," Kits grins looking at Ming, who's scanning around the room. "Ahh, makes sense," he mumbles. 

Kit heard someone banging violently the neighbor door, so he went to check out. There was familiar face, Ming, who had already stopped and was now looking extremely troubled. His heart ached as he saw his face. 

What happened after that wasn't what Kit thought he'd be doing. Something stronger, higher power took over his mind and body. It's easier to think it that way, scared to admit those lips looked so moist and ready for him. 

"My friend, you know Wayo, lives next door," Ming says and sighs. Kit nods and sits next to him. "I heard Pha took him out somewhere," he tells him and checks out Ming, who hasn't recovered from the earlier breakdown.

 Kit doesn't dare to ask. He won't, it's none of his business. If he wants to, he'll listen. That's up to Ming. 

They ended up listening to music, as they found out they both like the same old band. Kit has been a fan of old rock bands since he was a kid. He grew up hearing the type of music by his father, who also played guitar in their own garage band. 

--

Kit had been staring outside the window for a good moment, when Beam made a comment that caused him to fall out of his seat.

"For god's sake Beam!" Kit whines and gets up, sending a deadly stare on his direction. Beam rolls his eyes and laughs. "So upset by one comment?" he mumbles shaking his head.

"Ya Beam, let me tell you one thing," Kit says and sits next to Beam, leaning closer so that no one else hears it:"even when I tell you things I've experienced, you don't need to make conclusions on my behalf.. me and Ming are chill, we're like brothers," Kit says and nods afterwards, proud of his lies. 

Being the good friend Beam is, he nods and adds:"Yeah I kiss my brothers with lust too."

Kit covers his friend's mouth and looks around. "Shut up.. my biggest regret in life is telling you this," he complains and pinches his abdomen before half running away. 

He maybe told too much what happened few days ago. It's not like he cares. Or he claims he doesn't care. He has never cared, that's the thing. He doesn't do things like this. 

In fact he has no idea what's happening, why his mind wanders to Ming everytime he closes his eyes and tries to sleep. He doesn't understand why his heartbeat fastens whenever he remembers that first evening on the pool.

He just lives on his life. 

And so does Ming. 

Because whatever happens is meant to happen. 

It might not happen now, but next month or next year. 

---

"I think I'm ready now," Ming announces on the family table, along with Wayo who has always been invited to dinners. His parents turn their gaze on him immediately, worried.

"Ready?" his father asks unsure what to respond. Ming nods and leans back.

"It's been a month tomorrow. I should go see him on the graveyard, tell him hi," he says emotionless. Wayo nods slowly. Ming's mom gets up and hugs his son tight, letting out a relieved sigh. "If you feel so, go for it," she says embracing him. 

It hasn't been easy for anyone inside the family. Finally it feels like small steps to a better tomorrow are taken.  Maybe after all, things can turn to good.

---

Ming waves bye to Wayo and smiles a little. "See you in the evening," Wayo shouts and Ming nods. They're going to the movies, Pha had told Wayo that Kit seems distracted nowadays and thought it would be good to give him something else to think about. 

They meet up and eat together before Ming joins them. 

It starts to rain. 

Kit is looking outside the window, drinking his dessert coffee, waiting for Pha and Wayo stop flirting with each other as it's making him feel sick. 

When they finally leave the restaurant, it's darker outside, been raining much enough for puddles. 

They wait for 15 minutes outside the cinema. Wayo is starting to get uneasy, looking around. 

"Ming is never late.. I even reminded him," he tells Pha who nods and also looks around. 

Wayo tries to call him, nobody answers. 

Cold shivers run through Kit's spine and he gets up as soon as they start to realize it's getting too late.

"Where did he go while we went to eat?" Pha asks. Wayo looks down and mumbles something on his own, unsure if he should tell them. 

"He.. um.. graveyard, he.." Wayo mumbles and looks at Kit, who nods.

"You two go and enjoy the movie, I'll find Ming and call you when I do, don't worry," Kit tells them and takes off immediately. 

He's running, and while he does, all his cool melts off and his heart feels weak. He knows the state he has seen on Ming few times. And he's afraid.