its ya boi

Is everyone going to ignore the fact that I figured out Black Bat's name is Cassie as well?

What? When? Where? How?

Nightwing mumbled that it was a 'battle for the name' and since I highly doubt she is going for the name Wonder Girl...

Nice going, Nightwing.

Shut up, Red Robin. And she prefers Cass or Cassandra to Cassie, actually.

Yes! We are one step closer to figuring out your identities!

Garfield sidled up to Cass with a huge grin. "Hello, Cassandra, nice to-gak!"

Cassandra chopped Gar in the throat, stomping over to Dick and Tim with a glare so menacing the two boys shriveled under her scrutiny. She grabbed them both by the ear, tugging them down to her height. "Who told?"

"'Wing! It was Wing!" Tim cried out, ignoring Dick's appalled gasp.

"What happened to 'Ohana', double R?" Dick whined when Cassandra let go of Tim's ear and turned her full wrath on him. "Now, sis, I can expla-"

"No, you don't call me that. Not anymore." Cass glowered, releasing her grip on Dick's ear after another minute of her death stare. She turned to look at the team, all of whom shrank back when they saw the thinly veiled threat of bodily harm behind her cowl. "Tell anyone...and pain will come."

"Okay, okay...damn." Wally muttered, hands held up in surrender. He turned to look at Jason when he snorted, narrowing his eyes at the antihero. "What's so funny?"

"The fact that Black Bat was the one to get found out first, I figured Spoiler would be the first to go. Or even Nightwing."

"Hey, I've been able to keep my identity from them for six years, haven't I?"

"Yeah, but you are kind of a cocky Dick aren't you?" Jason smirked at his play on words. "And with replacement here, I thought for sure he would crack and tell his girlfriend."

"There it is again! 'Replacement', why do you keep calling Red Robin that?" Artemis snapped, getting into Jason's face.

Jason scoffed, rolling his eyes behind his domino mask. "You don't know already?"

"Shut it, Hood." Barbara hissed, elbowing the criminal in the side.

Jason put on an expression of fake hurt. "Are you guys...ashamed of little ol' me? You don't want the team to know who I really am?"

"No!"

Oh, now I'm curious.

You weren't curious before?

I'm really going to hurt you.

Jason cackled, turning his back on the Bats to face the team. "I call Red Robin replacement because he-" Tim cut him off by hitting him in the back of the head with his bo staff. "Ow! What the shit, man?"

"We told you not to tell them, Hood." Tim growled, his staff still aimed at Jason.

"Last time I checked, I don't take orders from you." He turned to M'gann and nodded at her. "Go ahead, I allow it."

M'gann looked at her friends, who all nodded in agreement, before reading the thoughts of Jason's mind he allowed her to. When she was done, she was a little greener than usual, having to hold onto Conner for support.

Bart was practically vibrating from anticipation. "What? What did you see?"

M'gann looked away from Jason's masked face to her teammate's waiting expressions, debating on how to tell them. "Red Hood is...the reason he calls Red Robin his replacement is..."

"Spit it out!" Bart blurted, getting a punch to the arm from Jaime. "Sorry, M'gann. Continue."

"Red Hood was the second Robin who died."

There was a moment of silence before Wally burst out laughing. "C'mon, be serious. Who is he really?" M'gann just stared at him, judging silently. Wally gulped, realizing she was, indeed, serious. "Oh."

"But how is he alive?" Kaldur asked, glaring at Jason when the boy snorted.

"You can thank his mother." Jason gestured to Damian, who literally hissed at him. "Down, boy."

"He was thrown into a Lazarus Pit by Talia Al Ghul." M'gann shuddered, the image of Jason emerging from the pit with the crazed look is not one she would soon forget.

A Lazarus Pit? I thought those were myths!

Apparently not.

"How does one go from being a hero to...this?" Cassie gestured to Jason's guns with a look of disdain.

"A story for another time, Wonder Girl." Jason went to say more but was yanked back by his collar, dragged out of the room by Barbara and the rest of the Bats.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Jaime called after them, making a move to follow.

"Family meeting." Was all Tim said before slamming shut the door, effectively closing out their friends.

The team all exchanged looks amongst themselves, letting out a collective huff.

"So, let's review what we've learned about the Bat Family so far. One, we know Black Bat's name is Cassandra."

"Two, Red Hood is the second Robin brought back to life and turned into a crime lord- which is wild, by the way- so there's that."

"Three, Spoiler and Batgirl are the only two that we know for sure are not Batman's children."

"Four, Robin is Batman's blood child."

"Five, his mother is apparently Talia Al Ghul?" Garfield scratched his head, looking around the circle of friends as they all nodded in approval.

"Six, Nightwing's name starts with a D." Artemis stated confidently, explaining further when she got confused looks from her friends. "Red Hood called him 'D' when he first arrived and Nightwing doesn't start with a D so..."

"So we know six things for sure about the Bat Family. That's a good start." Conner sighed, looking towards the door where the Bats disappeared.

M'gann noticed the look on her boyfriend's face and smiled, putting a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry, we will figure this mystery out. I know we will."

"Wait, why don't you just read their minds?"

"Because that would be an invasion of their privacy and a breach of my moral code?"

"Oh."

"Isn't what were doing kind of an invasion of their privacy?"

"Nah, we are doing good old fashion detective work. Batman would be impressed."

"Pretty sure he wouldn't be, but okay. Operation Unmask The Bats is officially underway!"