Cancer

Warning: may cause tears!

You and Niall have been married for about 2 years. In that time, you had twins: a boy, Rory, and a girl, Sophie.

You were all cuddled up on the couch having a typical family night, watching Disney movies. Suddenly, Rory starts coughing... coughing blood. You starts panicking. "N-Niall Rory" you stutter unable to make up the right words.
He looks down at Rory and immediately drops everything, grabs his keys, and goes outside.
"Y/n hurry up" he yells.
You grab Sophie and rush outside, not caring about how you look. You've never seen Niall so worried or distressed. He loves Rory with all his heart and couldn't imagine anything happening to him.

Niall's pOv:
How could this happen?we were all cuddled up one minute, next minute, we're rushing to the hospital. I can't stand anything happening to my son. I e never seen y/n this upset either. I look back at her and saw her, she was a mess. I wipe away a few of my tears.

"Y/n babe, it'll be okay I promise."
She looks at me and shakes her head. "I-I can't s-stand the thought of loosing him"
"Princess we're not gonna loose him. I won't let that happen, okay?"
She nods and smiles slightly.
"There's the smile I love" I sigh and smile back, diverting my attention back to the road. I park in the hospital's parking lot and rush in with my son.
Rory now was clean of blood, but still in pain. A few doctors rush up to him and take him away from me.
"Sit down sir. We'll be with you soon."
"No! I have to go, he's my son!" I fought back. "N-Ni please, stay back" y/n reassures me.
I nod slightly, her voice makes me feel comfortable.
"Daddy? What's going on?" Sophie asks.
"Uhm Rory's just getting checked up baby" I lie.
How can I tell my daughter that her brother may be no longer?
Sophie nods and goes back to cuddling with y/n. Soon, she fell asleep.
"Y/n, baby, come here" I say softly.
She nods and comes up to me. She cries into my chest. "It's going to be okay baby" I whisper trying to comfort her.
She nods and looks up to me with those piercing brown eyes that are now red and bloodshot.
"M-my mum and your mum are coming here soon. I-I called them and told them everything. I'm s-sorry" she sobs.
"No, don't be baby, you did the right thing." I whisper stroking her hair.

It's been about an hour now. Y/ns calmed down, but there's still some tears here and there, which is completely reasonable.
I few minutes later, a doctor comes out, with a clipboard in his hand.
"Mr and Mrs Horan!" He calls out.
Both me and y/n stand up, and make our way to him.
"I'm sorry to say this but, your son has c-cancer." We freeze.
"What? N-no" y/n say and falls to the floor sobbing uncontrollably.
I kneel down beside her.
"Please tell me I'm dreaming" she sobs.
"B-baby calm down, he'll be alright." I say softly, although I'm feeling so much pain.
"Don't tell me to calm down! My son has ducking cancer and he might die! How am I supposed to calm down?!" She yells.
I don't think any of it. I mean, she's distraught. I nod and look down.
"Ni I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell." She whispers softly and gives me a kiss.

I smile slightly, I love her kisses. "It's fine love" I reassure.
"I just can't loose him" she sniffles.
"Princess listen to me" I mumble.
She nods.

"Nothing, and I mean nothing, will happen to Rory. He'll be fine. He has us, his parents, he has a sister. We all love him to bits, princess. But all we need is faith that he'll get better if we have faith that he'll, get better, he will. Babe, he'll be just fine.
"I love you Ni" she whispers.
"I love you more baby"

A few days later...

It was time, time to find out if Rory will make it or not. You and Niall found out he had cancer a couple of days ago.
"It's all my fault" you mumbled.
"What no? Why would you think that, baby?" He asks rubbing my back.
Just then the doctor walks out.
" mr and Mrs Horan!" He smiles,
"The results are in" he said.
"Rory's made it! He survived!" He smiles happily at you both.
You burst into tears of happiness.
"Thank you so much!" You smile genuine for the effort he put in.
You were a happy family again!