12.Cry for you

Kofi Reneè Ashford

*Time jump*

Kofi sat in the restaurant waiting for Laila to arrive. Kofi had given birth and opted to keep it private. Only Tre and her father were present. Her father advised her to stay out of drama that didn't pertain to her. He didn't want any negative energy around his daughter or grandchild. Tre agreed with the decision, supporting her all throughout her pregnancy.

Kofi had been waiting for this moment. She wanted a real relationship with Laila, not only for her son but herself. She was a funny, bold, down to earth woman. She didn't want issues with her husband's little sister. Kofi was independent, driven and intelligent. She had her own money and was proud to call herself a boss. She has a business degree and a minor in Spanish.

Before Kofi met Tre she had just opened up her clothing boutique and multiple beauty bars around the city. Kofi Brown was the hottest place to get pampered and beautifully serviced . Kofi had the best mua's and hair stylists around. Her Instagram held almost 3 million followers alone.

Laila finally entered the restaurant, with big smile's as she jogged toward Kofi to hug her. Laila respected Kofi and her decision. She didn't want a repeat of what happened with Jin. She mistreated Jin in the beginning prejudging and critically injured Jin's confidence while pregnant with Jinesis.

There was no reason for her to dislike Kofi. Her brother lied to her about Jin and ultimately changed his ways for Kofi and their son. Laila appreciated the changes Kofi brought upon her brother. The whole family had seen the change Kofi brought out of Tre. She's easily the true love of his life.

They both sat down and orders some drinks while they waited for their food. Laila started the conversation.

"So, how have you been? You look amazing for a someone who had a baby almost 5 months ago." She smiled to Kofi. Smiling and taking a sip of her water, Kofi then began to speak and gather her words.

"I've been blessed. Your brother is my soulmate. I know Tre' is far from perfect but I cry when I miss him. Air gets caught in my throat thinking about him. Our son brings a joy out of him I've never noticed in his eyes before.

He told me about Qwynn and the death of their son. I wept for her and her son. I will always respect her for being his first child's mother and because she's a beautiful person who I actually feel like I could have a friendship with as well. I'm use to being a daddy's girl, so I didn't have many friends growing up but my dad and I are tight as fuck.
All I want is good vibes with each of y'all. I just wanna start fresh."
Kofi expressed honestly.