Chapter 9

Buzz, buzz, buzz. i look at my phone its an unknown number calling. i pick it up " do you really think you'd get rid of me that easily?" "hello to you to you too Carly" there's a giggle on the other side.  The surgery was a success and now i have a hideous scare on my shoulder, why didn't you just let me die?" she says sarcastically. "well if i did i wouldn't have the daughter i just adopted" i replied. "wait they actually did it?" you can hear the excitement in her voice. "yea took a little persuading but they ended up signing over custody until your 18, then your free." a shreek of excitement came from the other side."damn don't make me go deaf." she laughs. " you know when i asked you if you could take me in i didn't believe you said yes." "i said maybe" i replied. " same thing" she said with a giggle. "When will i be allowed to see you?" "doc said i can have visitors in an hour, oh and by the way smart thinking about leaving me your friends number in that bag, who's was that bag anyways" she asks. " found it in the car with nothing in it, so i said fuck it." i replied. she sighs "thank god i thought you might have been gay" " maybe i am " we both laugh. " alright my phones gonna die, i'll see you in a hour." " ok bye dad "i chuckle and hang up. i turn on the TV and put it on the news. "there was reports of a car ramming into a warehouse and gunshots Two days ago down at the south side. when cops arrived at the scene there was 6 bodies and 26 missing children waiting for them. one of the bodies belonged to Brian Moore. his head was completely gone by what the police say a high powered rifle. they had to ID the individual by DNA. the most miraculous thing was when the kids said they were saved by a super hero. and then continued on about how their going to be like him and handed of papers that lead police to more missing children who where sold as slaves, the individuals who were arrested have not been released. Brian Moore was also selling drugs but when the warehouse that supposedly had the drugs there was only evidence that there was drugs once there, so the police think that it was either stolen or moved-" i shut the TV off and dial an old friends number. " Hey Sam hows the new house doin?" "just got everything moved in, and now I'm a father." i reply back. " i told you your pull out game was weak" we both laugh. "Her parents finally said yes after some persuasion?" "Yea they didn't want the information about how they gave their daughter away to be a sex slave because it'll 'ruin business'" " I'm glad that the girl has a good home." he replies. "She can have visitors in an hour, you want to see your niece uncle Dave?" " Hell yea i wouldn't miss it, before we go want to toke up?" we both laugh. " yea we gotta get rid of it some how." i hang up the phone and grab my keys.