1 | trust

Stephen's Point Of View:

"Wanda, trust me–", I tried to say as she started breaking my vase with her magic. She had flown into terrible rage and I had indeed not expected that. I sighed in exhaustion.
"I don't need to hear anything from a man who let so many people die! You said there was no other way?! Oh really, Dr. Stephen Strange? I lost Vision! But why do you care–",

"Ms. Maximoff.", I said and paused trying to sound as calm as possible.
"I know–"
"No! You don't!", Wanda screamed at me as something behind me fell and broke. This woman was going to wreck my house.
I drew in a deep breath.
"Wanda.", I said as she finally stopped throwing stuff and Wong walked in right at the moment,
" God! Was there a storm in here, Strange?", He asked as he paused looking at Wanda who looked at him like even he was guilty.
"Yeah. Almost.", I said feeling disgusted of life.

"And who are you?", He asked looking at Wanda.
"Wanda Maximoff.", She said and turned towards me, "let me go, Strange.", She said as I gave her a tired look.
"Do you not realise that I'm trying to protect you Wanda? You think this is a joke or something?", I said edging closer to her.

She looked at me with loath in her eyes. I could just feel her hatred.
"I know you loved Vision. I know he is dead, and you blame me for that. But trust me, there was no other way.", I whispered, our proximity somehow did not make me uncomfortable.
"Bring him back.", She whispered back.
"I cannot do that. He is dead.", I replied and paused. She looked at me, her expression changed to almost that of pleading.

"Ahem.", We immediately moved away from one another.
"I mean not that you'd make a bad couple or something but it's just that I am feeling uncomfortable.", Wong said as I gave him a 'what the heck man' look. He smiled and left.

"Strange, I don't care. I'm not going to stay with a disgusting man like you.", Wanda said. Of course I lost my cool by this time.
I sighed.
"Fine then. If you want to go Wanda, who am I to stop you?", I said as I immediately made the portal to her house. I stepped out of it followed by her to find the land.

Only the land.
Her house had been burned down to ashes. I mean literally.
"Yeah. You can go and stay there now.", I said looking at her.
"How did this–"
"When I warned you I wasn't joking. Wanda, you are in danger, and I shall not let you die.", I said, my voice determined. She looked at me.
"But you let Vision die. You were so - called protection the Earth, Sorcerer Supreme and you managed to get the one thing I had killed!", She replied.
"There was no other way, Wanda. If there had been I wouldn't have let him die. It was too late.", I said.

She paused and looked into my mind. I knew if she wanted she could easily manipulate it but she did not.
She just looked away and sighed.
"Dormamu had promised he wouldn't attack but things have not gone well after that. There is an alien who is desperate to catch hold of you and I'm not letting that happen.", I said, now looking at my locket.
"I'm tired of this.", She said turning towards me.
"I'm done with you, Dr. Strange. I'll manage myself. You don't need to worry.", Saying so she turned and started walking.

"I am trying to protect you, Wanda. I know you've lost Vision, many have lost their near and dear ones but I didn't want it.", I tried to explain.
She turned towards me. I could see the red fiery colour getting distinct in her hand.
"I don't trust you.", She said before walking away.

°°°

First chapter and I want to know you views! Tell me in the comments section and don't forget to vote!