6| gods & gold

Stephen's Point Of View
°°°

"Tell me Wanda. Answer.", I whispered, her eyes were welling up with tears.
She smiled, sadly.
"Every time I think, everything will be fine, things don't turn out my way Stephen.", She whispered.
"I'll help you.", I replied, the proximity was tensing yet comforting.

"Ahem—oh I'm sorry.", Wong said as we immediately moved away, regaining our senses.
"I'm sorry. This was really not my intention, really.", He said as I nodded as Wanda looked away awkwardly.
"Yeah.. I know.", I said shoving my hair backwards, looking up at Wong.
"By the way, someone's here. He's sure you'd want to meet him.", Wong said as I nodded.
"Who-who's he?", Wanda asking trying to ease the situation.
"He says he's a God.", Wong said with disinterest.

"Oh yes. The God of Mischief, sir.", He was standing right behind Wanda smirking.
"Loki Lauefeyson.", I said with a sigh.
"Good to meet you.", I stated.
"Doctor Stephen Strange and Wanda Maximoff, also known as Scarlet Witch. I'm not going to say it's a pleasure to meet you people but nonetheless.", He said walking up to me.
"I doubt this is a time to meet and form acquaintance, God of Mischief.", I said getting off the bed and standing opposite to him.

Wanda stared at him confused, all this while.
"How did you come here?", She asked, standing up too.
"I'm the God of Mischief—"
"And he can do whatever he feels like.", Wong said in the same tone as Loki's as I supressed my laughter.
"Keep quite you pathetically fat mortal.", Loki said with a smirk.
"I ask.", I looked at Wong signalling him to calm down and looked back at Loki, "I ask you to talk to him with respect. He is my friend.", I said as Loki nodded.

"Fine.", He said and raised his hand in submission.
I appreciated that with a nod.
"Now, why are you here?", I asked as he smirked.
"I know the people you are behind and I'll help you under one condition.", Loki said.
"And who are we behind?", Wanda asked, looking at him, intrigued.
"They are called The Auris because of their golden hair and eyes. They work for Thanos.", He said with a smirk before walking up to me,
"And in case you wish to save the universe from its impending doom then you need my help.", He said as I cocked my eyebrows.

"We will see.", Wong said as he nodded.
"Meet you tomorrow, Loki. Right now, I'm not in a mood to bargain.", I said before sitting back on the bed.
"You are quite famous for your bargaining skills.", He said with a smirk.

"You know more than you should, sir."
"After all I'm a God.", He said before walking out of the room with Wong.

"He's intriguing.", Wanda said, looking almost dazed at the door through which he had just left.
"He's deceptive.", I said as Wanda immediately snapped out of her daze.
"Why do you think so Stephen?", She asked, perplexed.
"You could not enter his mind.", I said with a smile.
She looked at me, a little confused.
"But I did not feel the need.", She said.
I stood up.
"Exactly.", I said as he paused and looked down in realisation.
"Why did you let him stay then?"
"Because he can give us information about The Auris and of course, Thanos.", I said as I looked down at Wanda.

"Stephen.", She said as I nodded.
"Do you think, everything will be okay?"

"I believe everything will be okay. If not, I'll bargain with Thanos as well.", I said with a wink.

"You can wink as well?", She said as if shocked.

"Of course I can. I'm pretty human, you know."

"I thought older men didn't do that."

My smile broadened,
"And am I an older man, Ms. Maximoff?", I paused as I edged closer to her,
"I'm sure I don't look like one."

"Oh! of course you do.", She said giggling like a small school girl. I shut my eyes as nodded.
"Yeah, yeah. Continue..", I said with a sigh.

After a while she stopped.

"You know Stephen, I kind of like older men.", She said as I opened my eyes and looked at her.
I did not use the time stone.
But the time paused.

•••

Tell me how this was!
Don't forget to vote and comment!
And thanks for all the amazing support you guys have shown!