2 | i didn't want it

Wanda's Point Of View
°°°

"Wanda, he's better than-"
"Don't you dare say that, Pietro.", I shot back at my brother Pietro who rolled his eyes with an exhausted sigh.
"Come on, Wanda. It's been a whole year, and I know you love Vision but at the end of the day he was a robot.", Pietro said sitting on the couch opposite to me.

We were living in a hotel room for the time being. I gave him the kind of look that drove the devil out of him.
"Fine.", He said raising his hands and looking away.
"Thank you.", I replied. I was sitting on the bed and looking out of the window, now.
"I miss him.", I whispered as Pietro looked back at me.
"Actually, you know what? He was a good looking robot. Yeah, not too bad.", He said as I broke into a smile. He knew that art.

"Anyways-", he paused. I turned towards him to see a familiar orange circle forming in mid air.
I sighed.
"What the-", Pietro said as Stephen Strange walked out of the portal.
"Forgive me, Wanda. I-"
"I said I'm not forgiving you!", I shouted at him this time. He paused and looked at me with a perplexed expression.
"No. Wait. You're getting me wrong. I'm sorry for coming this way.", He said as the portal behind him disappeared.

I looked away in embarrassment.
"Anyways, I'm used to your shouting so I'll not mind that.", He said as I finally looked back at him. He had turned his gaze towards Pietro who looked at him with a dazed expression.
"I'm glad to meet you Quicksilver.", He said extending his hand for a handshake. Pietro shook his hand with a smile, looking more comfortable.

"Why are you here?", I asked as he looked at me.
"Well, you've been invited to the Stark Towers. Tony Stark is holding a party and he wants you to join in. It's tomorrow, eight in the evening.", He said.
"Then why are you here, Strange? He should be here.", I said with a raised brow and sarcastic smile.
He smiled.
"Ms. Maximoff, he did not know your current location. And I thought I'll spare him the effort. He just got married you see.", He said as I nodded.
"Good, we'll come. Now you may leave. The door's behind you.", I said showing him with my hand.

He felt insulted. I could see it on his face, but he did not say anything. He turned to leave. I knew one thing about this man, he had an ego, but here he was listening to all the hateful things to told him. He truly regretted whatever happened.

I drew in a deep breath.
No. I hate him and there's no requirement of feeling sad for him.
That's it.

"Wanda.", It was almost a sigh as he turned towards me. His eyes seemed moist. It was rare to see Dr. Stephen Strange in tears.
I drew in a sharp breath.
"What?", I maintained the hate in my voice.

"I didn't want it.", He almost whispered and turned away to leave. The door shut with a thump.

It was a whisper.
But something about his broken voice made it so loud and true.

"Wanda, he's really regretting it. He's trying to protect you.", Pietro said as I stood looking at the door.
I did not reply.
Something told me, maybe after all I was blaming him too much.

°°°
I know it's a short chapter, but I'm sorry.. I have my exams..
Tell me how it was!
Don't forget to comment and vote!