3| i want to.

Stephen's Point Of View
°°°

I immediately wiped off the moisture from my eyes.
It had been a year and I still couldn't sleep remembering the screams of all those people. It had been an alien attack, and I as Sorcerer Supreme could have stopped it but things didn't go my way. Moreover, it had been my mistake. Those beings had wanted to catch hold of me. For some reason, I didn't think it was necessary to know. Only if I would have surrendered nobody would have been killed unnecessarily.

Nevertheless the Avengers had assembled and things had been sorted but during the fight Vision had to die. I couldn't help it.

I sighed and opened the portal for myself and I stepped back into the Sanctorum.
"You know what, Stephen?", It was Wong standing right behind me.
"You're going to give me a heart attack some day.", I said looking at him, almost startled.
"Ah, only if I could.", He said with a sigh. I looked at him with a raised brow,
"Excuse me?"

"Nevermind, Strange. But tell me something, you like that girl?", He asked as I gave him.a serious look.
"No. I don't. It is just that I feel responsible. After all–"
"After all she's a young girl who doesn't have a home.", He said with a sarcastic smile.
"No. She's lost enough and I don't think she needs to lose her life now. I don't know why those aliens are behind her but I'll protect her.", I said turning away. My cloak fluttering in agreement, I guess.

"I smell more than responsibility.", He said as I paused.
"Oh, do you Wong?", I asked, now with a grin.
"I do, Sorcerer Supreme.", He said with a similar grin.
"And I smell food."
"Oh, that's a better smell, of course.", He said heading towards the kitchen with a smile.

Next day I was standing opposite to the Stark Towers.
I sighed.
Hopefully Tony was a better guy than what I'd seen of him previously, people change after marriage you see.

I walked into the main hall to find Tony drinking with Thor Odinson and Steve Rogers.
No. Nothing's ever going to change about this particular man.
"Oh look who comes?", Tony said walking up to me as I forced a smile.
An awkward smile.
"Congrats, you got married, I feel bad for your wife though.", I said with a smirk.
"Oh Strange, I so want to see you get married. Ladies and gentlemen! Look who comes! The Sorcerer Supreme!", He announced as I had an immediate urge to facepalm myself.

Everyone clapped as I gave an awkward nod.
"By the way, Doctor, don't feel shy from drinking. Nobody's gonna judge you.", He said before heading back towards his group where James Rhodes had just joined in.
"I really feel bad for Mrs. Stark.", I whispered before walking down to the bar.

"Give me a glass of vodka, please.", I said as he started preparing it. That's when I turned towards the door to find Wanda walk in with Pietro.
She looked pretty - as always. I immediately looked away. I didn't want to spoil her mood, it was just that heart wrenching pain of guilt.

I immediately took the glass of vodka and decided to walk around the place.
I didn't really have close friends out here because I had joined the Avengers recently and also because nobody was like me. Everyone was either some science geek or great at hand to hand combats.
Except of course, Scarlet Witch.

I walked up to the terrace and looked down on the city.
I was looking down acknowledging the beauty of the city when I heard a voice,
"Doctor Strange.", I turned.
It was Wanda.
"Yes?", I asked softly, sipping on my glass and pretending like her presence didn't make my heart beat faster.
"I think I'm sorry.", She said walking up to me.
"Oh, you need not be at all. It's not your fault. Emotions make us do a lot of things.", I said looking away, down at the city.

"Stephen.", She said as I turned my gaze back to her.
"Let me look into your mind.", She said plainly.
"You don't trust me?", I asked with a raised brow.
"I want to.", She said as I edged closer to her.

It didn't seem uncomfortable.
She too didn't move away.

"Do it then, Scarlet Witch.", I said as she looked at me with a smile.

°°°
Update!
I hope you liked this one!
Don't forget to vote and comment!
By the way thanks for 100 views!

Love,
A.n.parker