Eternity

She awoke, still in a fog from the night before. Where am I? What happened last night? She thought, as she tried to struggle to her feet. She realized she couldn't, she couldn't even feel her legs. Her heart thundered in her chest and her breathes came in gasps as panic began to grasp her. She could hear music playing outside the door of the room she was in. She tried to yell but couldn't...

The last thing she could remember from last night was her and her girlfriends up on stage at a bar singing karaoke so terribly, they were actually getting booed by all the drunks. They went out to get trashed...and laid. It had been three years since her and her friends had actually been able to get together at one time. So they were going to tear up the town. Again she thought, what happened last night?

After five minutes of trying to remember anything after the karaoke disaster, she tried to yell for someone again, still unsuccessful. Moments later the door burst open. The light from the hallway was blinding as a shadowy figure appeared in the doorway whistling to the music in the background. "Rockin' Robin" by Bobby Day, she recognized the song now that it wasn't muffled. She thought, that's the song we mutilated on stage last night.

"Hello, Robin." The raspy voiced silhouette said.

She tried to reply but to no avail. The figure emerged from the doorway but the darkness of the room enveloped it as the door closed behind it. "No need to be afraid dear. Soon you will be transferred, this is just the beginning."

Horror overcame her as she thought, the beginning of what?

"You're an evil person...a bitch really. You're so-called friends don't know what you've been doing to them for the last three years, do they? No, of course not. You just stopped being their friend for a while. Four friends and four of their husbands. Marriages destroyed. Your own marriage was destroyed after what you did to your own husband. Does he enjoy prison? Does anyone know? Do they know of the two girls in high school who mysteriously died? No, of course not."

She thought to herself, I'm still a good woman I just had needs that needed to be fulfilled. I didn't always go about it the right way but I stopped living those ways over a year ago.

"Death comes when it is least expected. You don't remember what happened because you were killed on stage at a scuzzy bar hoping to fuck up more peoples lives. It was a death suited for someone like you. The husbands got revenge on you good. You won't remember your death, you won't remember your friends dying innocently alongside of you. They'll have a good afterlife though. Yours, not so much." The creature spoke demonically, his voice had gone from raspy to evil.

She was more scared than ever now as questions rushed through her brain, What does this all mean? I'm dead? Where am I?

The creature spoke again, "This is to prepare you for your life of eternity. You won't be able to run from it or scream out of fear or pain or even remorse, if you ever felt any."

What felt like moments later, Robin woke up in a cell without doors or windows. It appeared to be a completely enclosed room with her forgotten memories playing out on the wall in front of her. She watched her self having sex with her friends husbands, she watched her husband get beaten by the cops as they hauled him off to prison, she watched every bad thing she had ever done play out on the wall. She couldn't close her eyes because her eyelids had gone missing, she couldn't run because her legs were missing, she couldn't even scream because her voice had been taken from her. Her life was over but her eternity was just beginning.