1

Ross Lori rushed through her morning routine, brush hair, brush teeth, feed Lilith, get to work ASAP. Her identical twin, Lilith, was wailing like a child in the living room, pounding on the floor until her sister finished the first two steps of her routine.

"I'm here Lil! Breakfast is on the table bella, go eat." Ross helps her blind sister up, taking her to the kitchen and setting her at the table where she finally calms down. "There, eat your pancakes and I'll be home by eight at the latest. Behave yourself." She kisses Liliths head, ruffling the dark curls as she rushes out the door.

Ross stops at the end of her driveway, sighing as a recognizable, black car pulls to a halt in front on her with three familiar faces looking at her. She smiles, getting into backseat with her coworker, Dr. Clef.

"Hey guys, glad to see all of us are on time today." She says, settling is as Dr. Bright starts driving again.

"You can say that again Rossie! You were out there early, did you finally get rid of that dog of yours?" Dr. Gerald questions, turning around in his seat to look at her.

She stiffened, crossing her arms. "No, I just got up earlier. Now you need to start minding your own business before I make you."

Gerald lets out a squeak, turning around as the other two laugh.

Clef shakes his head, still laughing. "Come on Ross, he's just worried about you. You've come to work looking like you just got out of a bar fight before from dealing with your mutt."

"Alto, she's not a mutt, she's told you that," Bright pipes up. "What's your dogs name again, Ross? I can't remember it."

"Lilith, she's blind and relies on me."

"See you two? Lilith clearly makes Ross happy, so let's just let her be happy. Okay?" Bright makes the turn towards the Site, Alto mumbling about something.

————————————————————

"What's on the agenda today Jack?"

"The usual. 682 has been asking for you to visit," Dr. Bright states, pulling on his lab coat. "Something about you being the only calming thing here. I still don't trust it though."

Ross rolls her eyes, tugging on her own coat. "Come on, we both know it's because of my anomaly. If it wasn't for that, I'd be lunch." She smiles, gently patting Jacks shoulder. "Don't get too jealous Jack, 682 is like a lonely old man who just wants someone to talk to."

"I understand, but you and 053 seem to be the only beings he doesn't want to eat or kill. It just worries me." He puts his arm around his colleagues shoulders, sighing.

"Don't worry too much, that pretty hair of yours will turn gray." Ross gives him a smile. "I won't get hurt. You think I'd leave you and Clef alone?"

Jack smiles at this, resisting the urge to hug her against him. "Never in a million years, Ross. Let's get to work before Cog yells at us."

"There's that smile that Brightens my day! Let's go, I want to give 682 a belly rub."

——————————————————

Jack watches from the observing room as Ross sits next to 682, the giant reptile laying down to be close to even with her. He doesn't take his eyes off of her and the monster, ready to call for backup in case 682 turned hostile.

"Hey Jack a boy, whatcha doing?" Clef waltzes in, sitting down in the chair next to him. "Oooo! A show! Wait.... why the fuck is Ross in there?"