Chapter 44

Talon~

Seeing her get out of the car, relief hits me. She turns as Padre gets back in his car, seeing me watch her, she runs into my arms.

"I missed you Tal. I know it wasn't long but it felt like it was." She says, peppering my face with kisses.

Hugging my woman tighter than ever before, "sweetheart, I missed you too." I say as I claim those lips.

Picking her up, I carry her inside. Damn, this feels so fucking right.

She snuggles into my chest, a smile on her face.

Kicking the door shut with my boot, she doesn't even stir. Looking down at her, I see the stress and worry on her beautiful face.

"Just hold me like this for awhile, please Tal." She says.

"As long as you want babe." I murmer in her hair.

Sitting on our couch, I keep her in my lap.

Letting out a breath, "I'm here if you need to talk Sami" I say.

I really don't want to talk about him, but I know she needs to know I'm here for her regardless how I didn't like the man.

Nodding, she looks up to me, "I know you want to be here for me, but, he's not something we need to discuss." She says with a shaky voice.

"Regardless babe, I love you and will be what you need me to be." I say, hoping she knows it's the truth.

"How's my boys?" She asks me.

"They're good babe. They've found a project car and been keeping busy." I say proudly.

Smiling, "They love working on old cars. I think they should start a shop for it." She says.

"That's a good idea. You should mention that to them." I say.

"I've had an idea on a project of my own Tal. I want to have a place where the women can learn self defense, train to protect themselves. And apartments above for those that have no where to live." she says proudly.

"That's a great idea. But don't get upset, but Luke called me, about a building, Gunner gave me a rundown of what you told him and we went and looked at the building. I think it is what you're looking for." I say, looking at her.

Laughing, she says, "should have known he'd call you. It's fine. We can go in the morning to look at it. I have a few ideas on trainers, still have contacts in the MMA circle. The plans are in my head and now to get them on paper."

Leaning down to kiss her head, "we have your back on whatever you need babe" I say.

Standing up, I walk us to the bedroom. Taking off her clothes and sliding into bed.

"Sleep babe. You need to rest up" I tell her.

She snuggles under the covers, "mmm this is nice." She says.

I walk to the kitchen, this is going to be a long night.

My head won't stop thinking of it all. The info we got, I sent to Padre before he got here. Hopefully, he can help deal with this shit storm coming up.

We haven't decided whether to tell Sami or not. I know she can handle herself, but doesn't mean I still don't worry about her.

Fuck! This is a damn mess.Ive been sitting here for a few hours thinking about it all.

My phone buzzes on the counter, picking it up, it's almost fucking 5 am.

"Yeah, what's up Mayhem?" I bark into the phone.

"There's a problem Talon. I need to send a package for you to keep safe, or I should say, for the Queen to keep safe." He says.

"You know she's not doing that right now. I'll contact her friend to get help." I state.

"Prez, this is personal. It's my sister. Can she be kept safe?" Mayhem says, unsure of it.

"What kind of mess is she in?" I ask him.

"Wrong place, wrong time. Saw something she shouldn't have Prez. She's terrified now. Need to get her out of here." He says.

"I'll contact Padre. Just make sure she knows to be completely honest. He can't help if he doesn't know everything." I tell him.

"Tell him I'm on my way Tal." I hear Sami say.

Turning to look at her, I shake my head no."Not this time babe." I say.

"Mayhem, I'll text with details soon as I know." I bark out before hanging up.

She's looking at me with a determined look. "Yes, I am. Our brother needs help, I'm ready to go now." She bites out as she's walking away.

"Hawk, get Gunner and get to my house now." I yell into the phone.

I hear her in the spare room, walking in she's already dressed and strapping weapons on. Fuck! I can't talk her out if this. I have to try tho.

"Sami, you've had a rough few days, you need to rest." I softly say to her.

"I'm fine. I need to do this babe. I have to keep busy and this is what I'm best at, you know that." She says as she pulls on her boots.

"Besides, our brother needs help. I refuse to sit and do nothing to help him." Stating it loud and clear.

"Fine. I'm going with you." I yell at her as she's walking away.

Turning to look at me, "don't need a babysitter thanks." She says pissy.

Grabbing her hand, "that's not what I meant." I say.

She walks away while I'm getting my gear on.