un

Samaria
📍Brooklyn

The cold fall night breezed through the night air, making me even more regret walking Zeus even more

The cold fall night breezed through the night air, making me even more regret walking Zeus even more. A simple stroll, then i'm off to bed no worries. Wrong. My simple stroll turned into a whole walk around my damn neighborhood. Why hasn't he peed yet? I stood shivering at the sight of my miniature doberman just sniffing around at the concrete ground.

The sounds of sirens sound to be picking up on this side of town. Of course another shooting or robbery. I use to it by now. This was my life since birth. Tucking a piece of lose hair behind my ear, the tops of my fingertips shaking. He got three more minutes and then i'm out. "Come on boy, mama's cold you gotta hurry." I encouraged him as he finally decided to walk up to the tree and do his business.

Kicking his feet in the dirt, my little pup darted off in the direction of our home dragging me behind him. I pulled the little knitted cardigan I had on closer to my half naked body trying to keep some sort of heat on my body which only made me realize I should've came out here in more than just a cardigan and some pajama shorts. We finally came up on the block where my apartment complex was on, a bunch of guys posted up on a black range rover smoking and shooting dice now all in the pathway of the entrance to my building.

"Yoooo mami, what you doing out here so late?" one of them yelled out to me as I started heading towards their direction.

Ugh I couldn't stand these niggas, was all I think prepping a mental eye roll as I scooped up Zeus in my arms trying to get past the flock of dudes who now were more interested in me than the damn dice game they was playing a minute ago.

"So you don't hear us talking to you?" Another one screamed out his voice sounding a little more closer than before from the first man. Keep walking Samaria you're almost at the door. I kept shuffling my way through the woos and hollers when I finally stopped dead in my tracks at the last statement yelled out.

"Listen here bitch"

Did he just say what I think he said? He couldn't.

I whipped my head around, speed walking towards the crowd who seemed to be a little surprised that got my full attention.

"The fuck you just said to me?" I asked now full in his face placing Zeus back at my feet.

"You heard me." this loser smiled licking what seemed to look like a fake ass grill in his mouth

"Nah I couldn't. So mind repeating one more time, because I think i'm two seconds away from putting my hands on ya dusty ass." I popped off flicking the little cubic zirconia chain that sat around his neck

How so much in this moment I was ready for blood. The one thing my daddy told me growing up was that I was to be respected. Male, Female, made no damn difference. I had a fucking name and it damn sure won't bitch.