Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Percy’s POV

“Because this is Calypso, daughter of Atlas. Sentenced to be trapped on the island of Ogygia. Forever” I lifted my eyes. “If she was supposed to be there forever.. Then how did she get out?” Grover piped up , nervously chewing a soda can.  Calypso’s eyes seemed to glitter at the question. She breathed a sigh and pushed back a lock of hair.

“Well it began like this..” Calypso began speaking of her time alone on the island, and the curse bared upon her. She just finished telling them about how I landed on her island when Annabeth interrupted her. “Can you please just get to how you broke out?” Annabeth said. “Fine “Calypso rolled her eyes.

“It was midnight, around 3 days ago. I was visited by a mysterious figure while I was tending to my moon lace” She shared a knowing glance with me, remembering the clip of the flowers he gave me to plant in Manhattan. “They warned of an upcoming war, and great trials ahead. Then I asked who they were-“ “Do you really think they’ll answer that?” Annabeth muttered. “Hush, child” Chiron instructed. “And they.. Refused to tell me” Calypso stuttered, blushing a bit. I raised an eyebrow; Who could it be? “But they told me I would have a surprise when I woke. And I think I did have one.” She glanced around with a well duh expression. “Anything else?” Clarisse asked. “No-not what I remember” Calypso flashed me a look that clearly meant later.

“But it must mean-“Annabeth was silenced with a look from Chiron. Percy stood and turned to leave. Calypso followed suit. “The meetings not-“The door slammed and Chiron sighed. “Meeting adjourned”

Third Person POV

                Calypso led Percy into the woods. “Where are we going?” He asked. She merely smiled and led him further. Once she was sure they weren’t followed, she stopped. After a pregnant pause, Calypso finally spoke. “Percy.. what if you had a chance to right all your wrongs?” She asked. “What if you had a chance to get revenge on those who caused you pain. Whether emotional or physical?” Calypso stared deep into his eyes. “What would you do Percy?”

                “Anything” Percy whispered before he could stop himself. Her voice was so soothing, it lulled him. Calypso smiled. “Then you will understand” She showed him a tattoo on her shoulder. It appeared to be a.. “Scythe” Percy gaped at the mark on her body. “Calypso… what is this?” He asked. “My price to pay” She replied grimly, covering the mark. She grasps Percy’s hands. “Come with me Percy! Please” She begged. Percy was shocked. “Whoa.. what?” He asked, clearly confused. Really, why would she ask him this if they had only reunited 2 hours ago?

                “Your not happy here. At least think about it” She smiled. Percy nodded hesitantly. They began to head back to camp, not even realizing someone had been listening the entire time.

Annabeths POV

                “But Chiron!” I protested loudly to my once father figure. Chiron merely sighed and continued to walk to the archery grounds. "Annabeth” He cried out as my voice became louder. He held up one hand and let out an exasperated sigh. “I know your suspicions, but please STOP” His voice rose and I recoiled. He had never raised his voice with me… "Because he never had a reason to.." A voice in my head said.

                I stopped and headed towards my cabin. How could Chiron not heed my warning? “Because you have no proof to back it up” A tiny voice whispered once more in my head. I turned a corner and nearly ran into Alton. “Hey” I gave him a smile. Something was wrong.  Normally Alton would be all over me right now. “Annabeth!” He gasped. He clutched his chest as if he just ran a marathon. I went to his side and hugged him. “Shhh…shhh” I murmured.

                “You don’t understand!” He heaved. I backed up; Saying a child, especially this child, of Athena didn’t understand anything was a huge insult. “Then make me understand” I fixed my gray eyes on his. He gave me one look and said in a small voice;

                “Calypsos a spy. I saw her mark. She’s planning to help Kronos destroy camp”

 ____________________________________________________________________________________

AN

Sorry for such a short chapter…. I just felt it needed to end there J