Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Percy’s POV

                Excruciating pain overcame me. Imagine being chopped to pieces; now triple that by about a billion. I felt myself dissolving and realized a probably pretty important detail I should have thought about before jumping in a river that could kill me; my mortal point. “Think, Percy” I urged myself silently. I didn’t want to put my mortal point in the same place just in case Annabeth told Alton. After a split second (which felt like a millennia), I decided on the spot just above where my armor pants would start. It would be well protected in a fight (I am pretty sure most enemies wouldn’t think to stab you just above your butt...). I concentrated on this spot and felt the tug, like a line pulling me up. “Percy!” I heard a voice call.

                I looked up to see someone I thought I would never see again; Annabeth. She was beckoning me forward; I noticed the promise ring I had given her a month after the war (which she ended up throwing into the braziers as a sacrifice, I heard) was on her finger. She smiled. “I swear, Seaweed Brain. If I have to do this one more time. You will be wishing I wasn’t a daughter of a War Goddess” Her gray eyes shined as she bent over and reached her hand down. I was an inch away from taking it when I noticed someone behind Annabeth. I was about to warn her when the mysterious figure pushed her into the water. I swear I could feel her hand brush against mine as she sank. The figure reached over and gripped my hand with a strong, firm grip. I looked up into the face of the person who pushed Annabeth in, and who was my anchor.

                It was me.

                The other Percy’s eyes were filled with hate.  He wore a cruel, wicked smile on his face, with raven locks, and pale as alabaster; He was me. “I am what you will become” The other Percy hissed, yanking me forward. As my head broke the surface, the other Percy disappeared with his haunting parting words. “We will meet again”

Annabeth’s POV

                “I can’t believe we got away with it” Alton grinned. I rolled my eyes. “You mean YOU got away with it. I never did anything” “Except kiss your amazingly hot boyfriend” Alton grinned mischievously and reached down to kiss her when a loud cough interrupted them. It was Grover. “Counselors meeting. Now” Grover muttered, avoiding my gaze while gripping his head. I looked at him with concern and started to follow him to The Big House when I glanced back and noticed Alton had already taken off. “Figures” I muttered to myself. “Even though he’s my boyfriend, doesn’t mean I don’t argue- Wait. I argue with him because he’s my boyfriend “I thought to myself and grinned.  As Grover and I entered the “meeting” room (really the rec room) all chatter ceased. As more counselors entered, I noticed Nico di Angelo was sitting on the Big Threes side. Muttering to himself, he glanced over at me and I attempted a smile. He quickly averted his gaze and put his head into his hands. Chiron stamped his foot into the ground to get everyone’s attention.

                “You all must be wondering what this meeting is about. Well, we have received disturbing news on the camper known as Percy Jackson”

Percys POV

                I flopped onto the black grass just outside the River Styx. Breathing heavily, I lifted my arm and was shocked, even though I knew this would happen; it was a flaming fiery red. Averting my eyes, I waited until my skin went back to normal again before looking at it again. I drew my sword and used it as a mirror; there was no huge difference in my appearance. I was still the same old Percy. The other Percy appeared in my head and seethed “For now” as if reminding me of the few words I heard from him while in the Styx. Seeing as I was no longer in the pain of a thousand oblivions; I could finally process these words.

 “Why was he my anchor?” I wondered out loud.  “He represents the new lifestyle you have chosen. Or at least your interpretation of it” Kronos reasoned in my mind. I answered him out loud. “Oh excuse me Mr. – Oh- So- Powerful Lord of Time. Where were you when I was slowly dissolving because I couldn’t think of a mortal point?” “I was not allowed to intervene, or else you would have immediately dissolved; it was your decision on to make on your own. You had to determine you own fate” Kronos said, clearly not getting my sarcasm. I sighed.

                “What’s the plan now, buddy?” I asked, pushing myself up with a sudden burst of energy; must be the new super powers. I could tell Kronos was trying not to mentally strangle me “We get rid of any ties to your former life you may have” He said simply.