Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Percy’s POV

                It took nearly an hour to get there. But thanks to “mortal transportation”, my sheer awesome thinking abilities, and my fast feet; we ended up in the forest right inside camp boundaries. “This will be the place, Perseus” Kronos told me. His voice seemed.. Excited? Man, I never knew the Titan King could get excited. “Shut up Jackson” Kronos growled. I fidgeted nervously, remembering where I was.

                I was at my home; my sanctuary. The place I used to feel welcomed, loved even. “It’s all a thing of the past” Kronos said, almost sounding gentle. I nodded, clenching my fist. “Your right” I spoke out loud. We continued to walk through the forest until we reached a very familiar clearing. “Yes, Perseus. The place you learned your true self. Where you were claimed as a son of Poseidon” I saw that the creek I had fallen in to regain my strength was still there. I flexed my arm, feeling the almost satisfying tug in my gut when the water rose at my command. Smiling to myself, I let it drop.

                “So what’s the first thing we need to do?” I asked. “Light a fire” Cutting a few pieces of wood from a fallen tree(the nymphs were going to kill me) I set them on the ground. I grouped in my pocket for a match when they suddenly caught aflame. I reeled back when Kronos chuckled. “Mere power of the Titans. You will see soon. Next toss your sword into the flame” I grimaced, feeling the pen that was Riptide in my pocket. “But…” I faltered. I’ve had riptide ever since I first became a demi god. It was important to me. “Toss it!” Kronos ordered, and I felt myself complying. I gritted my teeth as I tossed the sword, still in pen form, into the flame. “Good Perseus” Kronos mentally grinned. “Now we must-““Percy!!” I heard an array of voice call. A small group emerged from the woods, the same look etched on all their faces; worry. One face stood out in particular though; Annabeth’s.

                Her brow was creased, but she looked as stunning as ever. Her eyes met mine and passed a silent question; why are you doing this? “Foolish campers” Kronos growled. He slowed time on the small group which was Chiron, Annabeth, Grover, Poseidon, Nico, and Thalia. They looked around in shock (and slow motion) and I realized; they didn’t know what was slowing them down. Kronos was not visible, only I could hear him now. “I’m glad they showed up. I will need the blessing from Poseidon and a lock of that Annabeth girl’s hair” Kronos said. I nearly snorted. Poseidon? Give me his blessing in order to take the Gods down via Kronos? Fat chance.

                “You won’t believe the things people do under torture” He whispered in my mind. I was about to ask what he meant when a person I never thought would appear again came out.

Calypso

_____________________________________________________________________-

Poseidon’s POV

                Percy. My boy. The Hero of Olympus.

I still couldn’t believe he had traveled over to the dark side.. Even if the Fates had warned me. The ONE time I get a son that outshines any child of Zeus, he works for Kronos.

Go figure.

                I watched as Athena and her daughter Annabeth quietly studied the maps and recent sightings reports of Kronos and his army. I did not know whether the quiet was from my presence, or from being engrossed in their work. Probably both.

                I turned to leave the room when I saw a coil of smoke appear from the woods outside the window. “Darn camper must have tried to play a trick on a nymph again” I muttered. Athena and Annabeth looked up, the latter’s eyes widening. “Oh no” She whispered, jumping up so suddenly papers flew everywhere. “What is it daughter?” Athena asked dryly. As if she were used to young demi gods flipping out. “The prophecy..” Annabeth turned towards me, ashen faced. “Chiron.. He knows. We must get him” She told me. “What-“ I began. “GO!” She yelled. I was a little offended by her disrespect towards me, but I knew she was serious. Demi gods do not shout at Olympians unless it’s urgent.

Or they want to get fried.

I teleported to the Big House to the Big House and quietly told the frantic centaur what was happening. “Come, Lord Poseidon. We must make haste” Chiron urged. We quickly headed towards the smoke that still emitted from the woods. After about 40 feet, we converged with Annabeth, Grover, Nico, and Thalia. “Why all these people, Miss Chase?” I asked Annabeth, wearily studying the new demigods and satyr. “Their close to him” She replied in a clipped voice. Close to whom?

                That’s when we rounded the corner and I saw nobody other than my boy; Percy Jackson.

__________________________________________________________________________-

Annabeth’s POV

                “Percy!” I shouted before covering my mouth. I couldn’t believe it but it was really. Him. His locks as dark as Hades realm glimmered from the fire that curled into the sky. I saw him turn towards me and study me.  I felt the familiar longing to be next to him, and before I could think, I ran forward; everyone else following suit.

                It felt like swimming through jelly. I moved at such a slow rate it was almost like I was suspended in the air. I heard Percy snort and looked up. Was he doing this? I then saw his head turn as a girl walked out of the woods; Calypso. “What are you doing here?” I attempted to snarl but it came out as “Wuhh wuggg” She gave an evil grin my way. Percy asked the same thing. “Well, once I heard where you were I had to come see you” She stroked his face. “I love you. And I approve of what your about to do” She kissed him tenderly. Giving me a stab through the heart. Through the corner of my eye I saw the others turning slowly to look at me with pity. But I will not look. I am Annabeth Chase; Architect and an official Hero of Olympus. I will not show weakness to my enemies.

                “Very good. I knew I should have chosen you instead of her” A woman’s cruel voice said in my head. I froze. “Yes, Annabeth. It is I; The Great Mother, The Defender, The mother of the Gods, and wife to Kronos. Rhea!” She hissed in my mind. I recoiled. “But aren’t you supposed to be good?” “I choose what is right. And now, Kronos is the best option for a wonderful world” Rhea stated. “What did you mean about.. choosing me?” I asked. I then looked up and saw Calypso staring at me, grinning. The gears clicked in my brain.

Calypso was being possessed by Rhea