2 | At The KyoChon's

TWO
___________

"I thought I was rude, but never have I thought someone is ruder." was his first comment the moment I stood in front of him.

After school, I came to the Kyochon as told and I saw him sitting at a table hidden in the back of the famous fried chicken restaurant. I saw him through the glass wall and he saw me too, gesturing for me to come in.

"Didn't you know leaving someone on read is considered rude?" he added.

"Give me back my student card." I extended my right hand forward, hoping he would slip the card into my hand and stop this unwanted meeting.

He scoffed as he turned away, mumbling something before gazing back at me with a fierce look.

"Eat first, then we talk." He then grabbed the closest menu book to go through.

"I don't have time to dine with you." I was still stubborn by still standing and tried to annoy him with hope he will get tired of me and return my card.

"Then do you think I have time to care about things you dropped and picked it up so that you could get it back safely? Plus, with nothing in return?" he tore away his eyes from the menu to me. His sharp eyebrow raised, trying to figure out why I was rude to him.

He is my card's saviour and my future's. With our sour relationship, he could have turned blind eyes, yet he has my card in his care. And here I was being a rudeass. I didn't even thank him for his helps.

Without saying anything hurtful, I gave in.

I pulled the chair across him and sat down. My head lowered as I placed my bag beside me on the empty seat then stared out the glass wall. I was reflecting on myself. I felt ashamed for not having the first thought to thank him yet felt so furious because he has my card.

"Order?" an unfamiliar voice asked. Without having to turn and have a look, I knew it was the waitress.

"Red pepper, whole chicken. I want to add a bowl of rice and a half-cooked egg... and Sprite."

The moment I heard whole chicken, I snapped my head to see his serious face. He is going to eat all that or is he making me to finish it under limited time as my punishment for being rude?

When he looked at me, I panicked.

"Do you want anything?"

I felt breathless for a second. Why did I thought of him in a bad way again?

First I thought he was going to blackmail me using my card then I thought he was going to make me eat a whole chicken, very spicy at that.

"Hm?" he raised a brow when I didn't respond. I quickly shook my head. I was a little hungry but I didn't dare to eat with him with our current situation: awkwardness.

"One mixed Dakganjeong and... Peachy Lemon Tea. That's all." he ordered anyway.

After the waitress left, he played with his phone, making the quietness around us to slowly suffocate me as time went by.

I knew what I have to say in order to make him talk. I knew, but I was ego. It took me a while to finally muster the courage to say the word,

"I'm sorry."

I got his attention. His right thumb stopped scrolling down whatever he was browsing through, while still keeping his eyes on the phone.

"I'm sorry, for being rude to you. And.. Thank you for picking up the card I dropped the other day." I hesitantly studied his expression and I was nervous when I can't figure out what was masked behind that straight, cold face.

"You're welcome." he briefly looked at me before looking back down to his phone.

Was he still mad? I don't know. I don't know how to read a man like him.

"I didn't mean to go through your card, but I have to so I can return it." he suddenly confessed how he got my number.

Ah. I forgot there was my personal information in it. I found it unnecessary to fill that in when I first got the card, but now I found it convenient. At least, I can have it back after losing it.

At least, my card was in good hands.

I looked up to him feeling a little relief. Maybe, he wasn't a 100% bad boy. He proved it today, to me that he was half and half. He annoyed me a lot, picked up fights with me lot, but he is still willing to pick up his enemy's most important thing and kept it safe.

I smiled then gazed out the window again. Now, the quietness no longer suffocate me. I started to grow a comfortable feeling by just sitting with him and stared at the cars and the people passing by.

___________

- to be continued

[ A/N: ]

How do you like its second chapter?
Let me know if you loved it!✨

Thank you for reading💞