4 | The 25th December

FOUR
___________

As planned, I arrived at the bus stop around 6:55 PM. I was alone since the bus picked up everyone here and left, leaving the monoxide gas polluting the air I breathe.

I refused to breathe in for a moment but failed when I cough for air. Human. We all need air to live. I shook my head as my right hand fan my face, trying to get rid of the toxic gas quicker.

After checking the time, I looked down to my attires and smiled in victory when I saw my body is wrapped in a long sleeves, red dress. My thick coat in dark grey covered the dress, but it can't hide my legs revealed underneath the knee-length dress.

Jimin. I know a bit about him. He is a college student whom I always met at the bus stop. I will wait for my ride home and he will be there outside a café nearby, to smoke.

I still remember the first time I saw him and he was smoking. I didn't even try to hide my disgust when seeing him smoke the cigarette like he was sucking on a tasty lollipop. Ugh. I really hate smokers. I am so sure, my hatred written all over my face because he noticed.

At first, he ignored me but the next day, he seemed to take on interest in me. He might found my disliking his muse. Our first interaction was when he decided to smoke at the bus stop and enjoyed how much I tried to fan away his smoke. At the end of that day, he rubbed his burning cigarette on my open book.

On that very day, I developed another feeling for him. I no longer dislike him, but I really hate him so so much! He was so rude!!

Not only he suffocate me with his cigarette smoke, but also with his motorbike smoke. He never missed a beat to start his bike loudly and stepped on the engine to produce more smoke just to annoy me.

Uhhh now those memories just reminded me of how much I hate him.

"What am I doing here...?" it didn't take long for me to realise that I was about to have dinner with him. I am the one who is going to pay too.

"Or maybe, it won't happen." I brushed my dress with a secret smile. He said he will come and pick me. The only transport he has is a motorbike. There is no way I will ride a bike with a dress on. I know that, which is why I chose to wear one.

"What takes him so long?" I huffed my cheeks while hugging myself. Time now is 07:01 PM. I am someone who hate waiting. I am quite impatient.

Wouldn't it be better if he is not coming? As I reminded of how I hate him so much, it will be reasonable to call off the dinner.

"But then I will feel indebted over the chicken.. Darn that Dakganjeong." I stomped my heel against the cold ground covered in snow.

It was fricking cold and it angered me the longer I stood and waited for him.

He was late.

Jimin, the college boy who likes smoking. You better come now or I'll burn you and your bike!

As if on cue, a black car stopped in front of the bus stop.

I frowned. This is somewhat a familiar scene. Isn't in the movie, the kidnapper always ride a black car? I've seen one scene where the girl was alone and a black car stopped by before the driver came out and dragged the girl inside it.

I took a step back when the window slides down, slowly revealing the driver's face. With the help of the bus stop's lights and the street lamps, I manage to recognise the face.

"Get in." Jimin gestured with his head. He didn't bother coming out and opened the door for me. Oh well, I was not expecting him to do so. It will be so unlikely him.

I better run if he did.

"I know you'll wear a dress then refuse to ride a bike with me. But I also know, you can't decline if I come with a car." he spoke as soon as I settled in.

"Whose car is this? Did you steal it?" I asked instead of responding to his statement. He knew, so why bother defending? Instead, I inspected the car and nodded to myself when I find it was clean and to my liking. It smells good too.

He chuckled. "My friend's. I borrowed it so that someone is not ditching on me."

I bit inside of my cheeks while trying to roll my eyes secretly. "And.. I still didn't know why I agreed to dine with you.. Again."

He laughed this time.

I have to admit, I was surprised in a good way because of how beautiful his laughter was to my ears. I tried my best not to steal a glance for his laughing face, but I didn't regret stealing it.

He looks much cuter when he laughs.

"So where are we going, Ms. Lee Danbi?"

I cleared my throat as I threw my gaze outside the window.

"To the Landmark. There are many restaurants, we'll figure which one suits my craving for tonight."

"Eh? And here I thought I was the special guest here? Shouldn't I be choosing the restaurant based on my crave? Weren't we here because you wanted to pay back for the Dakganjeong?" he slightly glanced to me.

Too many questions. I didn't know which one to answer first though its all lead to one answer.

"I'm the one paying so I'll be the one to decide. Last time you did the same. KyoChon was your choice, not mine. And you paid for my food."

He laughed louder.

"Okay, you win. Satisfied now?" he shook his head with remaining laughter.

I hummed as response then continue to look at the moving buildings and tress. In the nice smelled car mixed with his alluring cologne, the air is not as suffocating as in our first dinner.

It made me a little nervous when I realized I was slowly growing comfortable around him. I wonder how will our second dinner go? I attempt to behave as good as I can so I will not appear as rude again. And I wonder if it is a right decision to spend my Christmas night with him.

Only a dinner and we will be done with our unplanned debt to each other. So, it wasn't a bad idea to dine with him again.. right?

___________

- to be continued

A/N:

I hope you like this chapter😚