8 | A Surprise

EIGHT
___________

Ever since our first dine in Jin's café, it has been our place to hang out every Monday and Thursday evening. I found out Jimin was pretty good with science subjects so I asked for his help with my study.

Jimin agreed to help as he was in his semester break currently. He'll attend new semester in March though. During his break, he did part time work at Jin's café and I have become a regular customer there.

As Jin had promised me, he gave me discount whenever I stop by either to meet Jimin or before getting on the bus, just to get some bread to eat on ride home.

Also, my friendship with Jimin is going quite smoothly I guess. We would get along sometimes and share our waffles. There were times too where I walked out the café with pouting lips and frowning face.. when we had a fight.

And.. on our last meeting, we fought over how I write my answer in Biology paper. He insisted me to use his way of answering, but I don't want to. How I answered was fine, my teacher didn't have a complain about it except for I have to..include more elaboration.

In the end, I realized Jimin was right about it so I used the tips he taught me and I passed my bio paper, for the first time! It's all thanks to Jimin's help!

So today, on March 12th, 2020.. I head to a CD shop to buy an appreciation gift to Jimin. Although we fought last Monday, it will all return to normal on Thursday or otherwise. We will realise our own fault and apologise.

My apology this time will be a litte different because I want to thank him for his help with a special gift. Jimin said he enjoyed listening to Alec Benjamin's song these days, so I wanted to give the artist's lastest album as a surprise.

I smiled while holding the paper bag close to my chest as I waited for green light to cross the road. From the road side, I can see Jin's café signboard two blocks away. Jimin's bike was not there as usual but it didn't bother me at all.

Because there are times when he came a bit later due to his pack schedule in new semester. I usually spent my time talking to Jin while waiting for him.

"Hi~" I greeted the barista as I took empty seat at the bar island. It was a marble type of bar where customer who comes alone or want to be alone sat. They'll be able to watch how Jin prepared their drinks closely if they sat there.

"Jimin will be late today," Jin turned around to smile at me before proceeding to prepare a glass of ice americano.

"Not my first," I smiled back though he can't see me now with his broad back facing me.

"Say Jin.. when will you introduce your girlfriend to me?" I asked while propping my elbows on the island. Jin is a great guy and whoever his girlfriend is, she will be so lucky. This man is not only a café owner, he can prepare tasty drinks and cook delicious food too!

I still remember the first time I ordered his sea food pasta carbonara cheese. It was marvellous! Fantastic! The most delicious pasta I ever had! The next time I came, I ordered various of food each time so I can taste all in the menu.

"Girlfriend? I don't have one."

"Eh? But Jimin said..." I stopped there. I knew then, Park Jimin has fooled me again. I figured since he found me believing Jin has a girlfriend, he had told me more other plausible things which later I found out I was fooled.. by him..

Jin chuckled. "You really can't believe anything he says,"

"Then how do I know if he wasn't lying?"

"You can see his honesty, through his eyes." Jin smiled as he put a glass of iced lemonade in front of me.

I pout. I doubt I could read his eyes any time soon.

"So now you have the ability to catch him lying?" I asked, interested. If Jin can, I will try my best to read his eyes and caught him through his lies.

Jin chuckled again. "You can say so. He no longer dare lying to me."

Oh... Park Jimin dared trying to lie to his senior! They knew each other for four years and seemed very close. Jimin didn't lie to Jin anymore so does that means they shared secrets too?

"Oppa, do you perhaps, know why Jimin smoke?" I whispered carefully to Jin. Since Jimin reacted coldly to my question last Christmas, I have a hunch that it was a sensitive topic to him.

Just as how Jimin reacted, Jin too, stops everything he was doing then look at me. Unlike Jimin who took quite time to answer, Jin calmly answer right away.

"Jimin should be the one to tell you that."

I nod in understanding. It will be either I asked him again in future when we are close enough to share secrets or he himself will open up to me first.

"I'm sorry, Danbi." Jin smiled apologetically.

I quickly shook my head and waved my hand. "No it's fine. Really. I understand."

We exchanged smile before a bell rung. Our heads automatically snapped to the front door, expecting Jimin to be the one entering the café. However, a girl was the one to walk in.

It was my first time seeing her. She has long brown hair, pretty face and curvy body. She actually wears a loose floral dress with cardigan on top, but I still can tell she has a curvy body.

"Hi oppa, long time no see!" her voice was so girl-like unlike me who uses man-like tone whenever I conversed with Jimin and Jin. It was because I didn't find it necessary for me to talk with them like I want to attract them.

But why do I feel a little jealous when I imagined girl like her interact with Jimin? Will Jimin's ears get as red as Jin's?

"Hi Haein. Do you want anything to drink?" Jin professionally attend to his new customer whom I think kinda attract his heart?

"Sure. While waiting for Jimin, I want to taste your famous chocolate espresso." she smiled. Her smile is beautiful. Ever since she walked in, I can't take my eyes off of her. My eyes didn't blink at all and it only blink when Jimin's name slipped from her cherry lips.

"Jimin?" I blurted out unconsciously. She was here to see Jimin? Jimin has an appointment here... not with me but with her?

"I was told Jimin will be here." she answered then realised I was the one asking.

"Jin's friend?" she asked me.

"Yeah," also.. friend of Jimin. I continued that in my mind.

"Hi, you're cute." she smiled cheerfully. She was extending her right hand for me to shake while I was still blushing at her compliment.

My hand was halfway on hair to hold her open hand before I froze when she said,

"I'm Kim Haein, Jimin's girlfriend."

...What a surprise.

___________

- to be continued

[A/N] :

Uh oh... 😳