11 | 1 Answer, 1 Question

FINALE
_____________

"1 answer, 1 question?" I asked bewildered at his game suggestion. As expected, everything comes rare with Park Jimin.

Jimin bit some fries before nodding his head. He gestured for me to eat my burger, as he opened his burger wrapping then took a large bite.

I frowned. Why was he always looking so hungry? Was today a busy day for him? I remember listening to him whining at me while we waited for our orders at Jin's café. He didn't have time for lunch when he's busy.

With just looking at him, I am full. He finished his burger with only three bites! I bet he can eat in one bite, if I wasn't here with him.

"You must be so hungry." I willingly handed my burger to him. Jimin quickly shook his head and muffled some incomprehensible words with his full cheeks.

I roll my eyes, still handing him my burger. "I'm not really hungry, plus tonight, I prefer the french fries."

"If you say so," he accepts my burger. When he took it from my hand, his fingers slightly brushed on top of my fingers. It was like a gentle greeting of warmth running on the tips of my fingers.

Heat flushed to my cheeks in a matter of second. I quickly grabbed some fries after the burger switch hands.

"So when do we play the game?" I asked, trying to slow down my heart beat which picked up moments ago.

"1 answer, 1 Question." he unwrapped my burger as he repeated the game's name. "You must be wondering what did I mean by already forgiving you since our KyoChon's dinner." he glanced to me after he said that.

I nod my head.

"I'll answer your confusion, then I'll ask you a question. You should answer me and you can ask me a question in return."

"Where will the game lead us to this time?" I asked before he started the game.

Last time, our 10 Questions led us to a frequent meetings at Jin's café. It led us to be acquaintances. So, what will the 1 Answer, 1 Question offer us?

"Who knows," Jimin shrugged then he fell in his own thoughts. Probably guessing if the outcome of tonight's game was as he expected of the 10 Questions: to bring us closer. Or.. It could be the opposite.

"Tell me your answer," I nod my head, gesturing for him to start. Whichever the result is, I was eager to find out.

Hopefully, it would bring us three steps closer.

"When we first met, I found your reaction amusing. The way you were frowning to scrunching your nose, for me it was fascinating. People would not waste their time to express their hate, so they ignored me, yet you didn't."

"You were right when you said you were my muse. Heck, you still are my muse, Danbi. That's why I kept on teasing you, which in your perspective, I was disturbing you. I didn't realise that our encounter was much more than that until... the day I picked up your student card."

Jimin looked at me with sweetest smile I ever see. He eyes were looking at me in such a loving way, causing my cheeks to burn up again.

"I thought a lot about what to do with it. And I thought about how I should appear as a good guy rather than annoying. I made a bet with myself that day. If you came, I will take it as a first step to get closer to you. And I will slowly pursue you. If you didn't, I'll take it as we were just meant to always bicker at the bus stop."

Jimin and I chuckled at the same time at his last sentence. So he wanted to pursue me. He already planned to start afresh by forgiving me in advance. No wonder, I see new sides of him everytime we meet.

According to Jin, Jimin is a good guy. I started to see that during our Monday and Thursday hang out, and I watched him getting better every week.

"So my question will be asking you to take my hand, so I can guide your steps closer to me."

Jimin was nervous and scared of my response. He bravely extends his right hand to me, while his shaking eyes watched my face expression.

"I want to get to know more about you, Lee Danbi. Be my friend?" he asked properly. The way he officially asked me to be his friend, was meaningful to me.

We started with unplanned encounter to annoy each other then suddenly became closer last winter. The first time I met Jin, he asked me if I was Jimin's friend, but I couldn't answer because neither do I know our exact relationship at the moment.

Right now, I felt like running to Jin's café and told him my answer. Jimin and I are now friends.

"If I take your hand, that means I am letting you into part of my life. Will you let me in into yours too, Park Jimin?" I asked before giving him my answer.

Jimin nod with a smile. "With full of honor, please, join me for the ride."

I grin then put my hand onto his open palm. His fingers then slowly wrapped around my hand before his thumb gently caressed the back of my hand.

Both of us looked up to see each other and cracked shy smiles.

"Took you long enough to ask me be your friend." I comment just to die down our shyness.

"Then you should take the initiative. Ask me first, before I do." but must he shot back powerfully?

I felt shy again, it doubled so I wanted to latch off my hand from his grip and scoot two steps back. Jimin didn't let me. Instead, he pulled me towards him until our nose almost touched.

If I hadn't put my hand on his thigh, I might have crash on his plump lips.

"Didn't I tell you?" he asked as his breath fan my face, given the short distance.

My voice didn't find its way out so I slowly shook my head.

"Once you hold my hand, I shall never let go." he grinned or should I say, his devilish smirk is making a comeback after three months hiatus.

I don't want him to win this argument so I forced my voice to roll out, didn't care how breathless I sound.

"But friends didn't hold hand.. and be this closer." I glanced down from his eyes to his nose then lips.

As my eyes were on his lips, I was able to watch the plump lips moved with every words he said. His comment attacked me differently this time, with my eyes and ears functioning at the same time.

"Are you suggesting we skip the friend phase so we can start dating now?"

"I- we- we should not skip it." I managed to retreat though he still reluctant to let go my hand.

Jimin smiles as he lightly shakes my hand before attacking my heart yet again with his flirtatious response.

"If you say so, my soon to be girlfriend."

So I see, the outcome of tonight game is bringing us closer than yesterday but less than tomorrow. As we are officially friends now, I await for what tomorrow will bring us and what kind of future awaits for us.

'Till a friend to my boyfriend.

_____________

- The End -

[A/N] :

I purposely left the reason why Jimin smoke and why Danbi loves Friday unanswered. I plan to make a sequel—"Boyfriend".

Everything will be answered there.❤️ Thank you so much for reading till the end, for voting and for saying you love this story! Till the sequel is out, take care✨

😘😘😘