Chapter 4

Disclaimer: This chapter is the Assassin's POV starting from the princess sneaking out of her room. There is some graphic violence so reader discretion is advised. I hope you enjoy thanks for reading! ❤️

 I hope you enjoy thanks for reading! ❤️

Assassin:

I spent the remainder of the evening keeping a close watch on my target. I stayed hidden in the shadows of the night thinking there wouldn't be much to investigate since she resided in her chambers. However, my simple task of keeping an eagle eye on the young princess quickly changed.

Where is she going? I watched attentively as she snuck down her balcony before taking off on a horse and disappearing into the forest. Luckily I already spent most of the day mapping out each area, so I didn't have to guess where she was headed. But why was she going there out of all places and at this time of night?

A surge of curiosity rose within me as I quickly leaped from rooftop to rooftop before lunging to the ground and continuing to follow her on foot. I stealthily maneuvered through the passageways and alleys, tailing her from behind. My head tilted with a thought, as I took notice of the building she approached. An orphanage? None of this was making sense. Why would she come out here to go to an orphanage? Unless she had some type of wicked plan her father bidded her to execute.

My jaw tightened with vexation as my hand gripped the handle of my sword, ready to strike at any given moment. The satisfying image of splattered blood of anyone who would dare harm innocent children, caused a low growl to rumble in my throat. The defective memories of my past suddenly consumed my thoughts.

☕️

"So you're the infamous assassin?"

The prominent middle-aged man laced with gold and fine jewels snarled at me. He lazily twirled the red wine in his crystal glass before taking a sip, savoring the expensive taste. He sat calm and relaxed with his foot resting on top of his knee in a leather wingback chair.

"You're nothing but a boy... Nearly seventeen years." The man raised the question as he eyed me with suspicion. "My age isn't of importance, state your claim or I will be on my way."

His scrutinizing gaze narrowed at my retort. "I suppose... you will have to do. Even though I don't believe she is worth wasting a single coin on, I rather not get my own hands dirty." He sighed reluctantly while sitting his glass on the side table next to his chair. The nobleman rose from his seat as his charming emerald eyes glared at me like a wolf in sheep's clothing.

"Besides I'm a very busy man and don't have time to squander on someone so meaningless." He added reaching into his pocket.

I remained silent as I waited for him to give me the written information of my target. I always had my potential clients write out their requests as my way of keeping a record. My eyes narrowed as I read over the requisition.