Part 2

So the story will now run in flashback with occassional conversation of Misha and Aditya in between.
------------------------------------------------------

There was something different about the air today. It was soothing and yet so disturbing. It had rained few hours ago and the smell of wet mud was spread all around the cemetery. It seemed as if the pleasant shower has rejuvenated the life in all the living beings residing there. The ignored ones, the ones who are taken care of by nature. The small colourful beetles were seen crawling on the ground with the green leaves of tiny bushes swaying in the gentle wind as if celebrating something that was much of a secret. The graves all around were decorated by colourful flowers placed in the remembrance of the loved ones. They too seemed to hold some extra shine today. Perhaps, it was the small water droplets on those flowers that was giving them that appearance.

Not that any of it mattered to Aditya. He had already lost his purpose of life. His best friend Pooja was gone. It had been 2 years since that tragic night but that sight has not left his mind. It was permanently etched in his memory. Not a single day has passed that he had not cursed himself. He could have saved her. He recalled how Pooja had requested him to accompany her to her poetry night. He , however, was so self absorbed that he refused her. That very night, Pooja met with an accident. A car hit her cab and driver was killed on spot. She was rushed to the hospital. Aditya can never get her blood stained face out of his mind. He saw her unconscious. He saw her slowly giving up on life. Through that tiny window he saw her refusing to respond to shocks. The official reason remained 'excessive blood loss' but he knew it was all on him. If only he would have given her a ride,maybe things would have been different. We all believe what is destined will happen but Aditya didnt. He couldnt in that very moment. How could he after all?

Pooja was the only person existing in his life. Pooja was his partner in crime. His only college friend. His saviour, his love, his partner. He prayed so hard for another chance. He wanted to make it all right. He wanted to tell her how much he loved her but it was all gone in one second. There was no way Pooja was coming back. Moreover, there was no way Aditya was coming back. He was lost, all devastated. After Pooja left, he couldnt even work properly. He would try but his mind would often wander to her thoughts, her antics, her smile.

"Itna pyaar karte the aap Pooja se?" Misha asked with innocence.
"Sabse Zyada." He smiled and replied.
"Misha.. jaise tumne apna best friend khoya waise maine bhi khoya tha." He said shifting his gaze to the window.

Aditya was sitting on a bench in the graveyard. He was blankly staring at Pooja's grave with warm tears rolling down his eyes. That was when he first saw Zoya. A woman dressed in orange Anarkali with untied hair apprached him. Adiya was too lost to even look at her. It was when she asked something, his trance broke.
"May I sit here?" She asked with the prettiest smile. Aditya looked up at her. Her face seemed to be radiatiating a different kind of vibes. It seemed as the sun has retraced its path to wave away the slight darkness of twilight that encircled the sky.

Aditya composed himself and without speaking anything shifted to make place for her to sit. He couldnt deny though that the woman was exceptionally beautiful. Her hazel eyes held great depth. Her lips were pink and beautifully carved. Her brown hair curled towards the bottom lay over her shoulders. However, the best part was the smile.

"Aapko love at first sight hua kya Zoya se?" Misha asked all excited. She was completely into the story. Even if it was temporary, she had forgotten about her pain. "Paagal ho tum. First sight mein jo hota hai usse pyaar nahi ..attraction kehte hai and No..mujhe Zoya se pyaar nahi hua tha. Tu khud hi soch mai Pooja ke liye Ro raha tha waha toh Zoya ko dekhte hi pyaar kaise ho jaata?"
"Haan yeh bhi sahi baat hai." Misha said placing a finger on her chin, pretending to think.

Zoya couldnt resist herself when she saw a man crying. His dishevelled appearance did something to her. She knew he was a regular visitor. She could feel the pain he had burried inside himself. So that one day she decided to talk to him against all the instincts that asked her not to.

"The weather is beautiful today. Isnt it?" Zoya asked cheerfully trying to initiate a conversation.
Aditya didnt want to talk. He kept quiet. At this moment, talking to a stranger was last thing on his  mind.
"Dard baatne se kam hota hai. Ekbaar hume aazma kar toh dekhiye. Shayad kuch baat bane." Zoya spoke again.
Hearing this, Aditya looked at her and in a cold voice replied,
"Jo toota hai woh kabhi nahi judega."
"Kya aapne jodne ki koshish ki kabhi?" She said with smile not leaving her face.
Aditya looked at her with confusion. Why was this woman around?
"Ab aap soch rahe honge.. hum yaha appse kyu baat kar rahe hai? Isliye kyunki humse raha nahi gaya. Pain is a part of life and moreover life doesnt end with death." She said.
"Have you ever lost someone close to you?" Aditya asked. No matter how hard he resisted, there was something that tempted him to talk to her.
"Yes. I lost my husband, Yash."
"He is burried here?"
"Yes. I come here everyday to talk to him."
"Doesnt it hurt?"
"It did initially. Now I am ok with it. I am in search of peace and talking to him gives me that." She said.
"Sorry.. I am just curious. How did it happen?"
Zoya went silent for a while. Aditya could see the changing expressions on her face. He shouldnt have asked that. It must be so painful to relive all that.
"I am sorry." He said.
"Oh its ok. My house burnt. He was trapped in fire. He tried to save me but in order to do so he himself gave his life." She said.
"Ohh." Aditya didnt know what to say.
"Whom did you loose?"
"My wife, Pooja. A car accident." He said rather quickly to avoid any pinch of pain in his heart.
"Hmm..I am Zoya by the way. Zoya Siddiqui." She said extending her hand.
"I am Aditya. Aditya Hooda." He said shaking her hands.
"Aditya. Just one advice, what is lost is lost, dont let it ruin the rest of your life."
He nodded his head.
"I think its time for me to go. Its already dark."
"Shall I drop you?"
"No. Its fine. It was nice meeting you." She got up and started walking away.
He saw her retreating figure in dark. Something in him didnt want her to go.

Much to his surprise, he called her out.
"Zoya?"
She turned.
"Hum dobara milenge?"
"Zaroor." She smiled and walked away. A small tiny smile formed on his lips. This woman indeed was charming.

Aditya's train of thoughts took a hault when he heard someone snore. He looked at Misha who had fallen asleep on his lap. She must be tired. He took one look at her sleeping figure and his thoughts trailed back to that one night.
Aditya was lying on Zoya's laps. She was gently caressing his hair. Suddenly Aditya asked , "Zoya.. you will stay with me forever. Right?"
"Well till you fall in love with me." She chuckled.
"Dont worry Miss Siddiqui.. thats never happening. I am never falling in love again " he said.
Zoya tried her best to hide the pain she felt. She masked it with a smile trying to hold the tears that formed in her eyes.

A tear drop escaped Aditya's eyes. He gently placed Misha on her pillow and covered her with a blanket. Silently, he walked out of her room.
------------------------------------------------------
So.. how was the first meeting? Please comment and vote. I am really not sure about this story.

Love
Shivja