Part 4

Misha was continuously sobbing. She had never seen her 'Adi bhaiya' so angry. Let alone shout, he had never ever been rude to her. However, she wasnt really crying because of that. She was scared. She was scared that maybe Aditya would never forgive her and she did not want to loose him. He was way too precious. What strengthened her belief was that Aditya has not even tried talking to her after that incident and it has been days. She remembered those dark eyes , all red and full of rage. However, she didnt fail to notice that his eyes were swollen. It seemed as if he had been crying since days. She knew there was something that was hurting him and for some reasons she believed it was about Zoya.
"Great Misha. You just ruined your only chance to know about Adi bhaiya and Zoya." She scolded herself between the sobs. She was lost in thoughts when she heard a knock at door. Thinking it was her mom, she quickly wiped her tears.
"Come in."

"I dont want to eat Mom." She said looking at the plate that was placed in front of her.
"Well..are you sure? because I have cooked it." A familiar male voice spoke. She quickly turned to look at him. It was Aditya and between her tears she let out a smile which was soon replaced by a blank expression.

Aditya had been guilty beyond words. He knew he was so wrong to let his frustration out at Misha. The poor girl must have been so scared but he couldnt help it. His mind was preoccupied by stuffs that were already killing him and when he saw Misha in that room, he just lost it. Somethings were private between him and Zoya and nobody, NOBODY was allowed to be a part of that. However, he had overreacted and he felt bad specially when Misha was herself going through a mental trauma. He knew it would not be easy to convince her but he had to. Afterall, she was his baby girl.

"Ab sirf mujhe ghooregi ya khaana bhi khaayegi." Aditya said taking a seat beside her. She stared at him for a moment and then turned away. Obviously she was glad that Aditya was not angry but giving up that easy was just not her thing.
"Nahi khaana." She replied bluntly.
"Mereko pata hai tum mujhse naraaz ho but gussa mujhe pe nikaal.. khaane pe nahi." He said.
"Yeh sahi hai. Galti karo aur fir khaana banakar maafi maang lo. You know nobody can resist that." She said faking anger, still not looking at him. For a moment Aditya fell silent. These words just triggered a memory that came rushing to his head.

"Zoya.. Zoya..Maaf kar do na yaar. Sorry toh bol raha hun." Aditya said trying to stop Zoya who was really pissed at him.
"Hum aakhiri baar keh rahe hai Aditya. Hume jaane dijiye. Hume aapse baat nahi karni. Kya keh rahe the aap unse? Unse sundar ladki aapne dekhi nahi. Toh jaayiye fir unke paas. Humare paas kyu time waste kar rahe hai?" Zoya said not looking at him.
Aditya loved when Zoya did this. Whenever she was angry, her cheeks would appear extra chubby and she looked extra cute.
He let out a small smile and the next moment placed a kiss on her cheek. He saw her cheeks turn pink and lips carved into a smile.
"Yeh accha hai. Aap galti kare aur fir yeh. Its hard to resist this and you know that."

Aditya came out of his thoughts when Misha called him out for the third time.
"Kaha kho gaye the?" She asked.
Aditya took a deep breath, "Nahi kahi nahi."
"Sunn Misha..I am sorry." He said.
"No Adi bhaiya. It was my fault. I am sorry." She said.
Aditya smiled at her.
"Accha aage ki kahani nahi sunegi?"
Misha was a little hesitant. She slightly nodded. Aditya could sense that.
"Dekh tujhe interest nahi toh koi baat nahi." He said.
"Nahi nahi. Mujhe sunnana hai. I was not sure if you want to tell or not." She said, not meeting his eyes.
"Sorry bola maine na. Khair just tell me kaisi lagi Zoya?" He asked with a smile.
"Bohot bohot bohot sundar." She said in an excited tone.
"Aap bohot lucky ho Adi bhaiya." The smile on Aditya 's face vanished. "I wish." He said in a low tone.

"Accha ek aur question"
"Pooche bina toh tujhse raha nahi jaayega toh pooch le."
"Zoya kaha hai ab?"
"Mere saath rehti hai."
"Kaha? Kabhi dikhi toh nahi." "Aree yaha nahi.. jaha mai originally rehta hun waha. Yaha toh business ke liye aaya hun na."
"Toh usse yaha kyu nahi le aatee?"
"Koshish ki thi.. par usse wahi ghar pasand hai."
"Miss karte hai usse?"
"Haan bohot but jab mann karta hai baat kar leta hun."

After thinking something, she said, "accha ok. Ab kahani."

It had been days since Aditya had met Zoya. After their first and probably last meeting at the cemetery, Aditya was not able to get her off his mind. There was something about that woman that was attracting him. Everyday he would visit the place but slowly the purpose of visit changed. He did go to Pooja's grave to remember her but everyday he would pray for one glimpse of Zoya. One day he was sitting on the same bench.He had lost all hopes of meeting her.
"Seriously Adi, you thought she would come?" He said to himself.
He sat there for hours. It was finally time for him to leave. The sun had set and a little faded light lingered onto sky. He got up and took a deep sigh. Just when he was about to leave, he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned to look around and what he saw left him mesmerized.

It was Zoya. All dressed in long white Anarkali she looked at him and smiled. For a moment, it seemed that his heart skipped a beat. He could not put in words how happy he was to see her.
"Zoya?" He said still not able to believe.
"Miss kar rahe the hume?" She said smiling.
"What?! No?" Aditya said as if trying to hide the truth that was so evident.
"Mazak kar rahe the hum." Zoya chuckled at his response.
Aditya smiled. "Kaisi ho?"
"Hum theek hai. Aap kaise hai?"
"Mai bhi theek hun. Infact pehle se better hun. Tum se dosti jo ho gayi hai." He said.
Zoya raised her eyebriw and gave him a confused look.
"Hum dost kab bane?" She asked.
"Abhi." He smiled. Zoya couldnt help but smile. In the longest time, somebody was genuinely making her feel good.
"Toh hum friends hai na?" He asked. She nodded.
"Accha Aditya.. hum aaj aaye hi kaafi late the.. toh ab hume jaana hoga." She said. For some reasons, she didnt want to stay long with him. She knew he meant trouble.
Just when she was about to turn back to leave, she heard his voice and it made her stop.
"Abhi naa jao chhodh kar.. ki dil abhi bhara nahi." He sang.

It has been years since she had heard this song. Tears filled her eyes. This song reminded her of Yash.
"Abhi abhi toh aayi ho. Baahar banke chaayi ho. " he continued.
Zoya couldnt speak anything.
"Sorry. Pata hai besura gaata hun but yeh gaana mera favourite hai and it was apt for the situation."  He said.
"Humara bhi." Zoya wiped her tears and smiled.
"Lekin hume jaana hoga." She said.
"Accha theek hai.. atleast phone number toh de do." He asked.
"Nice try Mr. Hooda but its not that easy. I am not so easy to come over" she said doubting his intentions.

All these years she had been used to men and their traits. For a moment she thought Aditya was different but it seems he was same too. All he wanted was her. To exploit her.
"Seriously Zoya? You really think I want to know you so that I can take advantage of you?" He felt disgusted. How could she even think of him like that.
"You know what Zoya. I really thought we could be friends because your words that day made such an impact on me. My wife has left me that doesnt mean I am going to go around and sleep with woman. You know what Zoya. Let it be. It was nice to meet you. Hope you dont see me again. I will try to avoid that ." He said and left. He didnt even turn around to look at her. She stood there silent. Tears rolling down her cheeks. Normally this would have not hurt her but there was some connection she felt with him the very first time they met. When he said he wont meet again,It hurt. Her fears and past just took over her heart that was screaming that only Aditya could bring peace to her storm but now it was over.

Misha listened carefully. She was so engrossed in the story that she almost forgot about the time.
"Fir?" She asked annoyed noticing that Aditya had stopped speaking.
"Fir.. hum soyenge! Kal school jaana hai Misha. Go to sleep now. Baaki story kal." He said stretching his legs.
"You know I hate you for leaving stories in the middle of nowhere." She said visibly pissed.
"And by the way both of you overreacted." She said.
"Good night." He smiled and walked out of her room.
------------------------------------------------------

So? I hope it is turning fine. Do let me know. 😊