Part 7

"Oh wow! Night at her place..what did you people do?" Misha asked in a mischievious tone.
"Nothing." Aditya answered.
"Nothing? Seriously Adi bhaiya.. you people didnt even kiss?" Misha asked dissappointed.
"No."
"You people are such a bore. I thought you people must have slept together jaisa filmon mein  hota hai." Misha said dreamingly.
"Tauba! " Aditya exclaimed.
"Stop acting like its forbidden or something.. obviously I know about it."
"Tu na picture dekhna band kar.. aur woh bhi yeh ghatiya romantic movies. Dimaag kharab ho gaya hai tera." He said.
"Accha theek toh fir kiya kya?"
"Batata hun."

Aditya took his position on the couch. The couch faced itself towards the bed. Such was his position that he could see Zoya's face. Zoya was really tired. She fell to sleep as soon as she rested her head on the pillow. Aditya looked at the her sleeping figure. She looked too cute in those sleeping suits. The innocence dripped from her face. Unknowingly, Aditya got up from his couch and approached her. He looked at her. It looked serene. Her soft pink lips curled in a perfect shape. Aditya tried to resist hard but he couldnt and ended up placing a small kiss on her forehead. She smiled in her dreams probably unaware of te touch but she surely felt the warmth. Aditya went to his place and closed his eyes recalling all the incidents of today. Only Zoya flashed before his eyes.He smiled and fell off to sleep.

Next morning he quickly bid goodbye to her and went without much conversation. He surely felt something for Zoya but he was just not ready to accept it. For him it was like he could never love anyone except Pooja but deep down he knew he was falling for Zoya and it was becoming difficult to resist. He denied all the emotions and termed it as mere attraction. Zoya was a friend he needed and he never wanted to loose her.

Months passed. Aditya and Zoya kept meeting. Their meetings became so frequent that it was now impossible for either of them to stay away from each other. Knowingly or unknowingly, they had formed a close bond. They would meet everyday and share everything. They were best friends in every possible way now. However, one thing was quite weird. Zoya would often question Aditya whether he had fallen for her. Though Aditya always denied and they laughed it of. It never occurred to him as to why she asked it. Maybe he was too naive to notice that Zoya had fallen for him,so deep that it was impossible to come back.

As for Aditya, things were improving in his life. He started with his work again and surprisingly he was doing good. Pooja's memories didnt haunt him anymore. Moreover, he started smiling a lot.. mostly it was because of Zoya. Zoya took care of every little things of his. Everyday before going to work, Aditya would drop by her place and she would give a final check for everything,from tie to his hair, she would set it all. She had become a habit for him. A fatal one. He was addicted to her in such a way that her withdrawal would make him lifeless. He might not be able to comprehend it but he was in love with her. So much in love with her.

Things went normally for a long time. Everything was just fine until that one day. Aditya wanted to thank Zoya for everything she did for him. He thought about all possible gifts he could buy but couldnt think of anything perfect. At last he decided to gift her something that was carved out of his own talent. Aditya was a great artist. He loved painting. However, Pooja's death killed that artist in him. He didnt feel like using colours ever. His life was colourless now. Today after a long time he felt like it. He felt like painting again only for Zoya. So he did.

He closed his eyes and thought of Zoya. The image of their first meeting came flashing. That smile. Those sparkling eyes. The ones that were a straight gateway to her heart. She was so pure that her eyes seemed to reflect her heart. Those kohl lines messed up a little at the corners. The shining nose pin and those silver jhumkas. A smile formed on his lips and he painted her just like she appeared when he saw her for the first time. It took him days but he finally completed it. The painting looked real. It looked as if Zoya was present with him. He was proud of his work. In the corner, he wrote "To my Zoya.. from Aditya."  "My Zoya.. he repeated." He wrapped it up and placed it in his car. It was almost 9 at night and though he knew it was late.. he couldnt wait for tomorrow to see her reaction.

So he drove to her place and impatiently rang the doorbell.
"Aditya aap? Itni raat mein? Sab theek toh hai?" Zoya asked with a worried look.
"Haan sab theek hai.. andar aa jaun ab?" He asked.
"Aree haan ..aayiye na..yeh kya hai?" She asked looking at the wrapped item.
"yeh tumhare liye." He said handing it to her.
"Humare liye?"
"Haan ab kholo bhi."
Zoya unwrapped the painting curiously.

She couldnt believe what she saw. She was stunned. She looked at Aditya with tears in her eyes. Words were just not enough for Zoya to thank him. It may seem a small gesture but for Zoya, it meant the world. Somebody spent their time for her, just to make her feel special, it was overwhelming for her. She then read "My Zoya" and a smile formed on her lips. She stood silent.

"Kya hua? Accha nahi laga?" Aditya asked seeing her silent.
"Bohot accha laga."she said with her voice shaking. Without another delay, she wrapped her arms around him and pulled him in a tight embrace. The comfort she felt was hard to explain. Aditya reciprocated the hug.
"Thank you so much." She said still holding him.
"Thank you Zoya for being my support system." He said gently stroking her hair. The moment ended with a loud sound of thunder.

"Seems like its going to rain. I should hurry up." He said getting ready to leave.
"You can stay for the night Aditya." She said. There was something different about the tone she said this in.
"Zoya.. I will come tomorrow." He said.
Just when he was about to leave. he felt her holding his wrist. He turned to look at her. Her eyes were deep dark this time. It held something different. She started approaching him with slow steps. Though in his heart, Aditya had an idea about what was going to happen, he didnt resist. He didnt want to resist. She came close to him such that their was no gap between their bodies now. She went on her toes. Their lips were now centimetres apart. She could feel his warm breath on her cheeks. The next moment, she pressed her lips to his.

The moment he felt that sensation he went crazy. The power to judge right and wrong was lost. He quickly wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close with the bodies now pressed against each other. She placed her hands around his neck. What was supposed to be a peck turned into a deep kiss. The sound of rain drops hitting the window panes just added to the sensuous atmosphere. Aditya broke the kiss and looked into her eyes. The very next moment, he found his lips kissing her neck. She closed her eyes and took every bit of pleasure. He trailed up again and once more locked his lips with hers. It all felt so right. It felt like this is where his heart belonged.
------------------------------------------------------
Double update. 😊 hope you like it. Comment and vote.
Love
Shivja