Part 5

Aditya had been waiting for 20 minutes now. Misha was supposed to meet him in the cafe. His treat for some reason that he doesnt remember anymore was due and Misha had driven him crazy asking for it.  She had said that she will met him directly from school so here he was waiting for her. He looked around. The cafe was a cosy place. He decided to check his mails in the meanwhile when he heard a couple talking. He took a quick glance at them. It was evident that they were so much in love. Somehow that sight pierced his heart.

"Zoya." he let out a deep sigh. There was not a single moment Aditya didnt take her name . It was as if she was etched in his soul. Every breath he took somehow remembered Zoya. He remembered how Pooja use to tell him how he was centre of her universe. He loved Pooja. He did with all his heart but he never understood what she meant until he met Zoya. With Zoya, it was a connection he would never be able to describe. It was as if their souls were bound. It was as if they were meant to be.  When Pooja left Aditya , he thought he would never fall in love again but then Zoya walked into his life and turned it upside down. She changed him. Aditya loved Zoya and that was perhaps he thought would be engraved on his grave. 

He was so lost in thoughts that he didnt even realise when Misha arrived. "Thinking about her?" she asked playfully. "NO..Actually yes. umm.. nevermind tu bata..itna time.. kaha thi?"  

  "woh kuch nahi." She said with a gloomy tone. "MIsha hua kya?" Aditya said placing a his hand on hers. He saw her squeal in pain as soon as he touched her palm. He looked down and saw her knuckles was bleeding. "MISHA.. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED??" He was now worried. THe overprotective brother in him was alarmed. "Nothing Adi bhaiya. It was JAI."

"Jai?? That idiot you have a crush on ? he did this? HOW DARE HE?" Aditya was now furious . He got up to leave and it seemed he was going to murder everyone on his way. Misha held his wrist, "Adi bhaiya.. shant. Calm down. Take a deep breath." she managed to make him sit. "He didnt do this. I punched him." Aditya was surprised. "You what?" I punched him because he was trying to kiss me." she said calmly. Aditya couldnt believe what he was hearing. Somewhere he was also proud of his baby sister. "I will teach him a lesson." He said. "NO..I will take care of it." she winked.

Aditya stared at her for a while and then smiled. "what?" she asked. "Nothing. Its just that you remind me of Zoya quite a lot." he said. "Do I? well then I need to meet her soon." Aditya didnt reply. "Accha chal pehle order karle..kya khayegi.. jung ladh ke aayi hai waise bhi." He chuckled.

After placing the order , she said, " Accha ab kahani continue kariye."

Nights have passed and Aditya had not slept peacefully. He realised he had overreacted that day. Zoya's fears were justified. Afterall , she was living alone and well if anything this society was full of monsters. The way she talked seemed as if she had already encountered a few of those and it was obvious. Zoya was beyond beautiful. Someone  who could actually make people go weak in their knees. After contemplating a lot, he concluded that he should apologise for his behaviour. Zoya didnt deserve that. So, the very next day Aditya visited the place at the very same time when Zoya was expected there. The moment he entered, he noticed a tiny figure sitting on the bench with legs pulled close to her chest. He knew it was her. Without delay, he approached her. On reaching close, he realised that she was crying. It ached his heart to see her like that. Suddenly a guilt crept his mind. He softly said, " ZOYA.." She raised her head and looked at him. Her eyes were full of tears and her nose was red. Her hair was messed up contrary to her well dressed self, she seemed pretty tired. Her facial expression instantly changed as soon as she saw him. In the very next moment, she got up from her place and hugged him. For a moment, Aditya couldnt figure out what was happening. This was not something he was exactly expecting. They had just met twice out of which they had fought the last time they met.

As if it was the instinct, he quickly wrapped his arms around her. It did something to her. Her sobbing stopped. She finally spoke, "I am sorry Aditya.. I am so so sorry." He gently placed his hand on her head and patted it. After they broke from hug, he  gently wiped her tears. " I should be sorry. Why are you apologising?" He asked. " No Aditya.. I  was wrong. I shouldnt have said all that specially after I have seen you crying for Pooja. I know how much you love her. "  He looked down. He had no idea what to say. After he brief thought he said, " Even I should have understood your fears Zoya. We both were wrong."  He smiled. "So its even then?" she asked."NO." he said bluntly. Zoya looked at him in confusion. "It will be even if you promise to come with me tomorrow." "Where?" She asked. " Aise hi. Please. Pooja ka birthday hai kal. I dont want to be alone." He said almost pleading. He saw Zoya was lost in thoughts. Maybe she was still not sure.

"Dont trust me?" He asked. She looked at him. "No..I do. Ok I will come." She said. "So I will  pick you up in the morning.ok?" he asked for confirmation. "Ok."  "But Zoya yeh toh bata do rehti kaha ho? yaha pe pick up karunga?" He asked smiling. " Haan..Its near by. Yaha se right lijiyega aur pehla turn. Ek hi ghar hai. Hum wahi milenge."  "Ok." He said.

"Waise Zoya ek baat poochun? why were you crying?" 

"I thought I lost the only good person I have met." she said. He didnt say a word. Silently they walked towards the gate. Zoya stopped and said, " ok then. I will see you tomorrow."  " I can drop you." he offered. "No..Its fine.I have some work to do." she smiled . "Accha Zoya..Have you ever met people who wanted to.. umm?" He couldnt complete it. "Who wanted to take advantage of me?" she asked casually. " Yes. I have." she said. " Then how  you deal with them?" He asked out of curiosity. "well..they feel I am a damsel in distress but they have no idea that I am black belt." she smiled. "woahh.." Aditya was shocked. "I should be careful then." He said. " Not until you try to you know .." She smiled. "Noted." he said. With this she turned and went away.

 For the first  time in days he smiled.

"Haan aage?" Misha said as Aditya stopped speaking.  "Bas aaj ke liye itna kaafi hai."

"Oh come on Adi bhaiya..its not fair..itni choti si kahani?" 

"Haan. mujhe kuch kaam hai. Tujhe ghar drop kar deta hun." He said paying the bill.

"Yeh mai itni interested hun..isliye aap zyada bhaav khaa rahe hai." Misha said pouting.

"Chal meri drama queen. kal pakka."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because I promised a double update.  By the way a day out. should be fun. No? comments and votes please.