Part 6

"Adi bhaiya.. mere ko baat karni hai." Misha was adamant.
"Yeh kaisi hai zidd hai Misha." Adi said annoyed.
"Mujhe Zoya se baat karni hai.. woh bhi aaj." She said.
"Accha theek hai baat kara dunga but bolegi kya usse?"
Misha fell silent for a moment. She really wanted to talk to Zoya but Aditya was right except for one or two things she had no idea about her.
"Have you told her about me?" Misha asked.
"Ofcourse I have. " Aditya smiled.
"Sunn.. tu pehle story sunn le poori.. fir baat kar lena usse. Ok?" He said.
"Story bhi toh aap itne slow motion mein suna rahe ho." Misha said sounding rather frustrated.
"Accha ok..aaj poori story , without interruption. Ab khush?" He said.
"Bohot." She smiled.

Next day Aditya was really nervous. For the first time in years after Pooja died, he wasnt gloomy. It was her birthday today and he remembered how excited she used to be. He remembered how they celebrated it but today those memories were not causing pain. Instead he just closed his eyes and prayed. "Pooja yaar.. tu jaha bhi hai.. I hope khush rahe."
He was careful on what to wear today. For some reasons, he wanted to look good. Was he trying to impress Zoya? Well no answer for that. All on his mind was to spend a good memorable day with her.

It was strange though how a woman with whom he had almost negligible conversation, about whom he had no idea about, was so special. Maybe it was because they were bound by a common misery and well law of attraction says you attract the vibes you radiate. So pain attracted pain. Maybe it was because for the first time someone actually made an effort to talk to him . Someone actually tried to calm his mind even if it was by few words. Besides all this, he could not ignore the attraction he felt for Zoya. By attraction if you think physical attraction, no. It was more like he was drawn to her not to her body.

Having so many thoughts running through his mind, he reached her place, to the address she gave yesterday. It was one beautiful house that stood alone. It was magnificient. He pressed the doorbell. Soon there was a response and Zoya stood in front of him with a comb in her hand. All dressed in black long anarkali suit, she looked no less than those angels you hear stories of. The kohl adorned her eyes and the little diamond nose ring just added to all of it. "I am sorry. I am a bit late. Just wait for few minutes." She said in a sorry tone.

Aditya was too awestruck to speak anything. He simply nodded. Zoya smiled and went up the stairs leaving Aditya in the main hall. The house was pretty. Though it surprised Aditya that she lived all alone here. It was a huge house. The hall had big sofas and those traditional decorations. He looked at the wall. It was adorned with the photo collage. He carefully observed them. The pictures were mostly of Zoya with a man which he assumed was Yash. He was just checking them out when Zoya spoke, "They are nice. Arent they?"
Aditya turned to look at her, "yes they are. Yash?" He asked.
"Yes. I really loved him." She said in a sad tone. Aditya could feel the change in her tone. So he changed the topic.

"Zoya.. why do you live in this haunted house?" He said with a mischievious smile. Zoya passed him an angry look and then smiled, "Actually I always wanted somewhere peaceful..away from hustle of the city so me and Yash bought this house. Other houses were also supposed to be constructed here but.." she stopped.
"But..?" He asked.
"When tragedy took place that day, I mean when our house burnt and Yash.." she gulped.
"When Yash died..people thought it as a bad omen so they didnt come here but I couldnt leave this place. I had no place to go. I got this place renovated with all the money that was there in our joint bank account. Since then I am living here. Its good actually. Its calm." She smiled between her tears."Ohh..I am sorry." He said feeling guilty.

"Waise Zoya.. ek baat puchoon?"
"Jee.. kahiye.." 
"Tumhe yahan akele darr nahi lagta?"
"Nahi. Bataya toh tha hum black belt hai.. toh kyu darr lagega?"
"I didnt mean that." He said.
"Toh?"
"Mera matlab hai ek toh tumahara haunted house woh bhi akele.. and that too graveyard at walking distance." He said chuckling trying to cheer her up.
"You mean ghosts?" Zoya looked at him with a weird expression and he nodded.
"Oh come on Aditya.. dont tell me you believe in them. Do you?" She asked laughing.
"Ofcourse.. tum paagal ho kya yaar. Bhoot hote hai.. maine dekha bhi bachpan mein." He said with a serious look. Zoya was unable to control her laugh.
"Accha.. aapne dekha hai?"
"Haan bilkul." Suddenly the expression on Zoya's face changed and she fell silent with fear evident on her face. Aditya looked at her in confusion.
"Kya ho gaya?" He asked.
She pointed her finger.
"Woh aapke peeche.." she said with a trembling voice. The colour on Aditya's face faded. His heart started beating real fast. He didnt even turn back. He quickly jumped and ran as fast as he could to hide behind Zoya. He held her shoulders tightly and covered his face with her dupatta. This was the limit. Zoya couldnt put the act any longer and burst into laughter. Aditya stood perplexed trying to process everything.
"Oh my God! Man.. I never knew you would be so scared." She said.
Aditya looked at her. That laugh way too precious.
"That was not funny Zoya!" He said pretending to be angry .
"Sorry. Sorry." She said still trying to control her laugh.
"Ab chale madam ya aur darana hai?" He said.
"Chaliye."