Chapter 8 - Tabloids

Shopping sucks. I hate having to go somewhere and trying on clothes. It just annoys me, it's always done. I only go shopping when I have to and if it weren't because of Liam, I wouldn't have to so all my anger goes to him. With every step I can only curse his existence. I feel like buying the worst dress and more expensive one just to piss him off, but then I remember I'll be the one wearing it so I can't do that. I'll wear that in a red carpet with tons of people watching me, judging me. I won't do that to myself.

So yeah, I have to buy a good dress that will make me look good in front of all those people and that will make him look good, too. After all, that's why I signed for, to boost his image. That's why I was picked, that's why my dad thought I could help him. This is not only for Liam, it's for the label, it's for my dad and lastly, for myself.

I don't even have someone to help me endure this. A friend that could make all this bearable. I don't normally regret that I don't have friends, I honestly never mind, but today I wish there were someone who could help me, at least to get a second opinion.

Oh right! Havi. She's not my friend but she can help me. At least I won't be completely alone doing this.

I grab my phone from my purse and look for her contact to call her. Havi is supposedly to take care of us so if I need something I just have to ring her. This is the time to do it.

"Hello?" Havi answers after three tones and I get a bit awkward because I'm calling her for something so stupid as to pick a dress. What am I? An American girl obsessed with prom?

"Hi, Havi," I say with shame. I shouldn't have called her.

"What's wrong, Belle? Did Liam do something?" she asks and that actually makes me chuckle.

"Well kinda, he is making me buy a dress for the premiere and I don't want to. I don't like shopping," I confess and Havi laughs. I don't tell her about the problem before with Liam and the way he worded the request. That's been solved, no need to bring it up again.

"Oh yeah. When are you going?" she inquires next as I keep walking down the street, heading to a dress shop.

"Now. Do you happen to have time to help me out? A second opinion would be great. I know it's shallow and I shouldn't bother you about this-"

"Don't be silly, Belle! I'd love to help you. That's what I'm here for so no worries. Tell me where you are and I'll be there in an instant."

I sigh with a smile. Havi is really nice and she will help me. This wouldn't take too long.

"Thank you. I'll text you the address right now, okay? See you soon."

We hang up and I actually text her where I am now and where I'm heading. I'm still a few blocks away so I'll walk calmly to give her time to get there and that way we can look for a dress together. I have nothing in mind so she'll be of great help. Plus, she knows more about this world of famous people. Surely, she'll know better what I should wear for a premiere.

On my way I walk past a kiosk and I wouldn't normally pay attention to the magazine display there but this time it's different. In this occasion something catches my eye and I can't keep walking. I even grab one of the magazines and wince.

The cover is showing a picture of Liam for Andrew's birthday party and he is not alone, he is dragging me towards the entrance. He smiles cockily whilst you can tell I have no idea what's going on, but that's not what annoys me; it's the fact that I look cheap and easy next to him. The way he holds my hand, the way he walks, the way I stand, everything in that picture shouts fake and bought and I hate that I look like that. I hate that next to Liam I look like a hooker. When I left my home that night I didn't look like that in the mirror but in the picture I actually look like that.