Chapter 13 - Fake Date

Liam looks positively moody and that makes me want to burst out giggling. He is literally sulking as we head to his car but it's okay. I mean, didn't expect him to just accept these new requirements and just do everything with a smile on. There wouldn't be a point in asking him to do this if he didn’t mind.

When we arrive to his car he opens his door and gets in, however I wait next to the passenger's door. Liam doesn't realise what I'm asking him to do so I fold my arms and put an annoyed expression on. Yes, I know it's not necessary for him to do this but I'm really trying to teach him to be a gentleman and to treat a girl nicely. Not because it's mandatory but because it's nice. Treating a girl like something precious is not misogynist, it's considerate. By opening a door for me you are not belittling me, you're being considerate and I can do the same for you. That's what I'm trying to teach Liam, that he needs to be more considerate towards the people that are around him.

Liam leans in to my side to look at me through the window so I just glare at him and, thank goodness, he gets it. He rolls his eyes and I think he snorts but then he gets out and walks up to where I am standing.

"You are getting on my nerves," he tells me but I just smile widely when he opens the door for me.

"Why thank you, kind gentleman."

He rolls his eyes again as he walks to his side, mumbling something. I can see him and I have to fight the giggles one more time before he gets in. "So, where are we going?" I ask looking at him whilst he turns on the ignition.

"Shopping," is his dry reply and now I want to roll my eyes. I kind of do it.

"Oh joy, how romantic," I mumble. "The perfect place to take your girlfriend for a first date."

Liam glares at me this time. "The party was our first date, remember?"

"Oh right, that counts as date," I reply. I'm not sure why I tend to forget that. It wasn't that traumatic as for me trying to repress the memory, plus I was officially presented as girlfriend that day, even the first pictures of us were taken.

My fake boyfriend glares at me briefly before snorting and focusing on the road again. "Shopping is nice. I'll get you something, okay?"

I don't reply to that statement because, somehow, it makes me feel offended but I'm not sure why yet. It's a combination between his tone and word order, like he's just trying to buy me with material things. Due to our situation since Mother died, I have learnt the real value of material things. They are irrelevant, you really don't need those things because they can go as fast as they come.

I know he's annoyed with me right now and he's trying to stop me with a present. What does he think I am? A cat that gets distracted with shinny things?

I don't give him a comeback because I don't want to start a fight whilst he's driving but my mood is ruined. However, staying silent only makes me grow grumpier because in a way I'm letting him win and I really don't like losing.

It's a good thing that the shopping centre is near and we don't take long to get there. I don't wait or try to make Liam open the door for me this time because I'm still pissed due to his comment. Now we both are in a bad mood and, I guess, it's fair. In my defence, I have noble intentions.

I don’t know exactly where Liam is planning to go, so I just follow him keeping certain distance between us. The centre is not crowded, but if it were, no one would think we are here together, just two people going in the same direction. I appreciate this because I’m really not in the mood to deal with him. I need other ten minutes.

“We’re going in,” Liam states without turning to look at me and make sure I’m there. I could’ve run away. I didn’t, but I could’ve, that’s the point.