LO AA MILE HUM DOBAARA

Hello everyone,
Back with an update on this story. I know I took quite a while to update but the slow responses just made me lazy. I hope you enjoy this one.

It had been a month since she left Raman's company and joined her brother's business. Her work and her passion for her work remained the same here, she got the same friendly environment but Raman was missing from the picture. She missed him, she missed talking about him with her friends, she missed checking him out when he used to dress in his blue formals and she missed his smile. She closed her eyes and shook her head trying to wash off the thoughts of Raman from her mind but the stubborn Punjabi seemed in no mood to leave her thoughts.

She glanced at the clock, it was time to leave. Sighing, she picked up her bag and marched towards her brother's cabin. They always left from work together and today was no different. Getting in, she saw Ashok Khanna seated along with her brother, discussing some project related issues.

"Anna, I want to go home"

She announced not wanting to stay in the same room where Ashok Khanna was, there was something about that man that always made her uncomfortable. She never liked the way he stared at the women in office and was really happy that she wasn't working with him. Though she often bumped into him when he visited her brother for meetings or discussions.

"Just five minutes more ishu"

Her brother requested making her nod her head as she settled on the sofa scrolling through the daily news. Her fingers stopped seeing his picture on the screen. A leading business journal had interviewed him and the report of the same was doing rounds all over the media. He looked dapper in his black Armani suit. She smiled to herself as she caressed his picture, taking her sweet time in drooling over her crush.

Her drooling session came to a halt as Mihir called her telling her that his work was done and they could leave now. Quickly locking her phone screen not wanting Mihir to get a peek of what she had been so penetratingly looking at, she stuffed it in her bag and walked out with her brother.

The next week also passed away, Mihika was now in the last leg of the pregnancy. She would enter tenth month in two days and baby seemed in no mood to arrive. The doctor said it was good and normal for some babies to take time, the baby was expected to arrive in another fortnight or so. Another fortnight which seemed to be a sheer torture for the trio. Mihir and Ishita couldn't wait to see the baby while mihika was juggling with the struggles of the last days of pregnancy. Mihir was busy wrapping up his important projects to be with his wife and baby by the time of delivery and was relieved that Ishita was around to take care of other things both at work and at home. Telling her to resign from Raman's company wasn't a bad decision, at least he thought so.

Ishita walked in her room after a long day at work and slumped on the bed. The house help appeared with a glass of juice which Ishita gulped in a go and asked about Mihika. Learning that she was in her room and sulking over something, she smiled and moved to her room post freshening up.

"Hello baby"

She whispered in a babyish tone earning the attention of Mihika. Her brother was also seated beside her with a puppy expression on his face. Realizing mihika had thrown another fit, she settled next to her asking her what was wrong.

"She doesn't want me to go to the party."

Mihir whispered sighing while Ishita crinkled her eyebrows at mihika.

"He doesn't love me anymore. I know I look ugly with all this fat, this double chin, I am annoying him with my tantrums and my mood swings. He doesn't want me anymore."