Chapter 1: Literature Club?

I groggily sat up in bed as my alarm clock went off. I yawned and put my glasses on and looked at the alarm clock. It was 7:15 in the morning. It was Tuesday, so I still had a long week to go before the weekend. I hopped out of bed and went through my normal morning routine. Breakfast, hygiene, and uniform. I sighed and grabbed my back pack and walked to school. As I got closer I could see all the students gathering in little groups chatting about the past day. Me, I didn't have anyone to talk to. I was the outcast of the school. But that's okay, because I at least have one friend. Which is strangely the most popular girl in school. Her name was Monika, and she was the President of some club that I can't remember the name of. I walked into the school and the went through the daily process again. Boring classes, annoying bullies, piles of homework. It was like a prison everyday at this damned place. But who am I to complain. Once the final bell rang signaling everyone to go home, I started packing my things until someone called my name.

Monika: F/n!

I turned around and saw Monika walking towards me. I smiled and spoke while packing my things.

Me: Oh hey Monika. What's up?

Monika: Are you doing anything today?

I pondered a bit at her question, trying to remember if I had something to do today.

Me: No not really, other than homework. Why?

Monika: I was wondering if you'd consider checking out my club. We could use another member.

Me: And what club are you talking about?

Monika: The Literature Club!

I zipped my backpack up and put it on my back.

Me: I suppose I could. I've got nothing better to do.

Monika smiled brightly and grabbed my hand and practically dragged me out of the classroom. Once we arrived she let go and slowly opened the door and walked in.

Monika: Hello everyone! We have a guest!

I walked in and saw 2 girls. One was standing behind the teachers desk. She had short, coral pink hair, light blue eyes, and a red bow in her hair. The other girl sat at one of the desks, her face buried in a book. She had long, dark purple hair, and purple eyes.

Monika: Wait where's Natsuki?

Sayori: She had to go home early. She didn't really say why. But who's this?

She pointed at me and Monika stepped aside.

Monika: Girls, this is f/n. F/n this is Sayori, our Vice President.

She pointed at Sayori and she smiled brightly and waved. I hesitantly waved back. 

Monika: And this Yuri.

She pointed at Yuri and she looked up from her book and blushed.

Monika: We do have another member but she's at home. But don't worry. You'll meet her tomorrow. That is, if you choose to stay.

Monika looked at me like she was waiting for an answer. I chuckled slightly.

Me: I'll think about it.

Sayori jumped up in excitement, causing me and Monika to laugh.

Monika: So why don't you go get to know everyone?

I nodded and first walked up to Sayori. She saw me and smiled.

Sayori: Hello f/n! Welcome to our Literature Club! I'm the Vice President Sayori! Wait you...already know that. Anyway we're glad to have you here!

I chuckled. She's adorable when she smiles. I introduced myself.

Me: I'm f/n. So what exactly does everyone do here?

Sayori: Hmm. Nothing much. All Yuri ever does is read her books. Natsuki likes to read her manga collection in the closet.

There's a manga collection here?! Oh I've gotta get my hands on that!

Sayori: She doesn't like anyone touching it though. So if you want to read one you'll have to ask her first.

Godammit!

Sayori: And me and Monika just make sure everything stays in order and such. Us being the President and Vice President here and all. And occasionally we write poems and share with each other, but that only happens on special occasions. And that's really about it. Oh and it's also a place where you can do any homework you may have.

I nodded and got to thinking. If all we do is read in here then I'd happily join. I'm a little bit of a bookworm myself, plus there's a manga collection, and I just heard about a series called Parfait Girls. So hopefully they have it. 

Me: Well it was nice meeting you Sayori.

Sayori bowed down.

Sayori: And to you as well.

We both shared a laugh and I walked over to Yuri, who was buried in her book and drinking what looked to be tea. But Monika stopped me.

Monika: Yuri isn't really the talkative type. She usually ignores new people, but when she's ready to talk she'll let you know.

Me: Uh, alright. So what now?

Monika: Now we-

Suddenly the bell rang, signaling all clubs to dismiss and go home.

Monika: Now we go home. I hope to see you here tomorrow f/n. You haven't met all of our club members after all.

Monika smiled and I smiled back.

Me: You know Monika, this place actually seems pretty nice. I may consider joining.

Monika's eyes lit up.

Monika: That's great! I'll be sure to tell Natuski to make-

Monika stopped.

Monika: Nevermind. Don't want to ruin the surprise.

I chuckled and packed my things. I waved to everyone as I walked out and walked home. Once I arrived I walked up to my room and laid my backpack on the floor and slumped down onto my bed. Maybe I should give the Literature Club a chance. Who knows. Maybe something magical will happen.

A/N: Alright everyone let me explain. This is going to be another short story, but it's gonna be a little longer than the Dragon Maid story. I'm writing this because my mind is packed with thoughts and ideas for my RWBY story, and it's causing me to not be able to think straight as of late. So I'm going to write this story to take a little break from the RWBY story. Thanks for understanding. Hope you enjoyed! (P.S. This storyline isn't going to take place where Monika deletes everyone. It's going to be a normal highschool lovers story. Almost.)