Chapter 6: Leave her alone!

Natsuki: Do you have any experience at all with baking?

I nervously laughed and scratched the back of my head.

Me:...no.

Natsuki sighed.

Natsuki: You're just full fo surprises aren't you f/n.

Me: Uh...Thanks I guess?

Natsuki giggled.

Natsuki: Okay first things first. Ingredients.

Natsuki rummages through her bag and pulls out flour, sugar, eggs, baking powder, salt, butter, vanilla extract, and heavy cream. She then took out frosting bags, frosting tips, some rubber spatulas, and a big whisk.

Me: This is gonna be one hell of a time.

Natsuki shot me a glare then grabbed some bowls and muffin pans. She went to the oven and began to preheat it.

Natsuki: Alright, first thing you wanna do is mix the flour, salt, and the baking powder in a bowl. 

I began to reach for the flour but she smacked my hand away.

Natsuki: I'm doing it! I don't want you ruining my cupcakes! Just watch!

I sighed and chuckled. She proceeded to add the ingredients in a bowl and mix it together. She then grabbed a second bowl and mixed the eggs, sugar, butter, and vanilla extract. She repeated this multiple times until she had 7 muffin pans filled with batter. I stared in amazement at how quickly she got everything done.

Me: That's impressive Nat.

Natsuki looked at me confused and blushing.

Natsuki: Don't call me that! My name's Natsuki! Dummy!

I snickered and ruffled her hair, causing her to stomp her foot and cross her arms.

Natsuki: I can leave and do this at my own house you know!

Me: Alright. Alright. I'm sorry.

Natsuki smiled and lightly punched my arm. 

Natsuki: Now let's get these in the oven.

She put all the muffin pans in the oven and let them cook. While they were cooking she made all the frosting and put them into the frosting bags. Once they were done she reached for an icing bag until I grabbed it first.

Me: You know Monika assigned us both to make cupcakes, which means I have to do something to help.

Natsuki: You've never done this before! You'll mess up the icing and make a mess!

Me: Maybe, but I at least get a chance to prove myself.

Natsuki: No! You can't ruin my cupcakes!

Me: Well fine. Just gotta get the icing bag first!

I held it up above my head, making Natsuki jump to try and get it. I laughed and kept it out of her reach, making her more desperate!

Natsuki: Give me the icing baka!

Me: As you wish.

I squeezed the bag and some icing came out and landed on her cheek. She gasped and glared at me. I prepared for the worst, when she suddenly started laughing. I looked at her confused.

Natsuki: Oh you are so gonna get it!

She quickly used her finger to get some icing off her cheek and tried to wipe it on me, but I grabbed her wrist.

Me: Gotta be quicker than that!

Natsuki tried to grab me with her other hand, but I grabbed her other wrist and refused to let go, causing her to giggle.