Chapter 5: Cupcakes!

Natsuki: Are you feeling better?

I nodded and let out a big sigh. My stomach was aching, and I now have a migraine. But I didn't want to worry Natsuki more than I already have. I looked up and saw Monika walking towards me.

Monika: Hey. Can we talk for a second? Privately?

I nodded, but Natsuki quickly spoke up.

Natsuki: No longer than 5 minutes!

Me and Monika chuckled. We stepped outside of the classroom, and Monika shut the door.

Me: So what's up?

Monika sighed and faced me.

Monika: You know Natsuki really likes you right?

Even though I already partially knew this, I was still shocked. Someone like her, liking someone like me?

Me: I...

Monika giggled.

Monika: Everytime when we're in 3rd period together she won't stop talking about you. And I know that there's some chemistry going on between you too. So I think you two should get together!

Monika smiled brightly, causing me to stare in confusion.

Me: You want me?

I point to myself.

Me: To date Natsuki?

Monika nodded. I wish I could tell her why that can't happen. If only she knew.

Me: I...I, uh...

Monika giggled.

Monika: Just give it some thought.

I hesitantly nodded and we walked back to the classroom. Once I shut the door, Natsuki walked over to me with volume 2 of Parfait Girls in her hand. I mentally facepalmed. How could I have forgotten about that?

Natsuki: Still want to read together?

Me: Of course.

I sat on the ground and Natsuki sat beside me. She scooted closer than usual, making us both blush. I opened the book and began reading. In the middle of the third chapter, I felt Natsuki place her hand on mine. I blushed, but acted like I didn't notice. We kept reading, and everything was silent. I could feel Natsuki slowly laying her head on my shoulder. I turned towards her and our eyes locked. I immediately got lost in her beautiful pink eyes. I saw a slight blush creep its way onto her face. She started to lean closer, and without realizing it, I started leaning closer as well. My mind was racing as our lips slowly floated towards each other. I closed my eyes when suddenly-

Monika: Everyone! I have an announcement!

Natsuki opened her eyes and blushed deeply. She gasped and jumped backwards, accidentally running into a desk. I blushed deeply and smiled a little. I looked at Monika and she giggled.

Me: Thanks.

She smiled and I sarcastically shook my head. I stood up and stretched, then walked over to Natsuki, who was rubbing her head. I extended my hand out and helped her up. She snatched the book from my hand and quickly inspected it.

Me: What are you doing?

Natsuki: Making sure you didn't fold any of the pages!

I chuckle and we all walked to the front of the room. I sit on a desk and Natsuki rushes to my side, making me and Sayori snicker.

Monika: As you all know the annual festival is coming up! And the principal put us in charge! Now I've already pre assigned roles to everyone here, except for you f/n. You weren't in the club when I signed us up. Anyway, me and Sayori will be making the flyers and handing them out to people. Yuri you'll be in charge of the decorations and making the banners. And Natsuki you'll be making cupcakes for everyone. Now f/n, what do you wanna do?

I pondered her question. Monika and Sayori were already working together, Yuri and I haven't really talked to each other. At all. Plus it would be fun to bake with Natsuki.

Me: I can help Natsuki. The whole school is going to be there, and she can't make cupcakes for everyone all by herself.

Natsuki's eyes lit up and a big smile spread across her face. Everyone saw her, making her blush and scoff.

Natsuki: It's not like I'm excited for it! I would be happy to make them by myself if you didn't choose to work with me.

Me: Uh huh.

Monika: That settles it then. The festival is 2 days away, so everyone get to work ASAP.

As soon as she said that the bell rang. Everyone packed up and you and Natsuki began walking home.

Natsuki: I'll have to make up an excuse to get out of the house, but I'll be there in at least 30 minutes. Have your kitchen ready by then.

I nodded and she pulled me into a hug. I was a little shocked, but I hugged back. She blushed and smiled, then walked alone the rest of the way. I walked home and set my bag next to the couch, then walked to the kitchen and realized I had absolutely nothing except microwavable food and a big box of granola bars. Natsuki was not going to be happy. I grabbed a granola bar and sat on the couch and turned the TV on. There wasn't really anything on, so I decided to lay down and take a nap. I slowly began drifting off to sleep, until a sudden knock on my door woke me up. I completely forgot she was coming over. I facepalmed and groaned. I'm such an idiot. I stood up and opened the door. I once again saw Natsuki in her casual clothing, this time with 2 bags full of baking supplies and ingredients.

Me: You brought your own stuff?

Natsuki: Well I assumed you didn't really have anything for baking cupcakes, like the dummy that you are.

I snickered quietly.

Me: Nice to see you too Natsuki. Come in.

She walked in and I shut the door. She laid her stuff on the counter in the kitchen and looked around.

Natsuki: Only frozen foods and granola bars?! Geez f/n.

I stifled an awkward laugh and shrugged my shoulders.

Me: They get me through the day. I-

Natsuki: Don't for one second think of this as a date or anything!

I stopped talking and looked at her confused. She realized what she said and blushed a bright pink.

Natsuki: J-Just letting you know so you don't get any ideas! Idiot.

Me: Oooookay. 

Natsuki sighed.

Natsuki: I have to be home at 8:00 sharp. So let's get this over with.