Chapter 3: It's not your fault

I quickly blushed. Did she just ask me to...walk her home?! Isn't that something a boyfriend and girlfriend would do? Is she asking me on a date? Is she-

Natsuki: Did you hear me?

I snapped back to reality and saw Natsuki with an annoyed look on her face. She scoffed.

Natsuki: If you don't want to you could've just said no!

Me: No I want to! Uh...I mean I'd be glad to walk you home.

Natsuki smiled and nodded.

Natsuki: Well then let's go.

We both walked out of the doors and I followed Natsuki. At the moment there was silence, so I decided to break it.

Me: Thanks.

Natsuki: Huh?

Me: Thanks for letting me read Parfait Girls. I've been really wanting to read that manga series for a while.

Natsuki: I-It's no problem. I'm actually happy that you asked to read it.

Me: Oh? Why's that?

Natsuki: Well, it's because all of my friends think manga is for little kids. And everytime they caught me reading it, they'd make fun of me for it. That's why I keep it in the storage closet.

Me: Why don't you just keep it at home?

Natsuki looked down.

Me: Did I say something wrong?

Natsuki: No. Sorry I just zoned out. But my dad wouldn't approve of me reading manga either. 

Me: Well if you ever want someone to read with, I'm your man.

Natsuki giggled, making me feel good inside. This was the first time I've made her smile, and it was adorable. We both stayed silent until we got to her house, where a man which I presume was her father was standing by the door.

Man: You're late.

Natsuki: I-I'm sorry. I had some extra work I had to finish.

The man looked at me with a glare, intimidating me a bit. Natsuki quickly rushed to her house, not even saying goodbye, or even waving at me. I shrugged it off and went into my house, where I slumped onto the bed and started writing my poem. After a couple minutes I finished and went straight to bed.

-TIME SKIP-

I woke up with a smile on my face, for several reasons. One of them being I wanted to continue reading Parfait Girls. Second reason being I wanted to see Natsuki. I blushed as her name entered my mind. I went through my morning routine and walked to school. I went through all my classes, ignoring the bullies and everything else. Once the dismissal bell rang, I rushed to the Literature Club. Once I got there I saw only Monika, Yuri, and Sayori.

Me: Where's Natsuki?

Monika: She had to go to the bathroom. She'll be here in a sec.

I laid my stuff down and sat on the teachers desk and got started on some homework. I sat there for a couple minutes until the door opened and Natsuki walked in. I smiled and put my homework away.

Monika: So did everyone bring their poems?

Everyone nodded and we all pulled our poems out.

Monika: Alright. Just pick someone and trade poems.

Right after she said that Natuski walked up to me.

Natsuki: Let's just get this over with. Let me see your poem.