Chapter 8: New beginnings

Me: You WHAT?!

I yelled at Sayori, who was on the ground laughing her ass off.

Sayori: (Between giggles) I-I took a picture of you and Natsuki reading in the corner! And posted it online!

Me: GIVE ME THAT PHONE!

I dropped my backpack and dove for the phone in Sayoris hand, but she dodged and I was sent crashing into the teachers desk. I laid there and sighed in defeat. I waved my hand in a truce like manner.

Me: Just wake me up when it's Saturday.

I could hear Yuri giggling from the back, but she tried to hide it behind her book. After the festival, she's been warming up to me. She actually acknowledges me when I walk in, and we talk regularly. And honestly she's actually a really cool person, but she's got a lot of...shyness and anxiety to take care of. But I've looked past it. I heard the door open, and I looked over to see Monika and Natsuki walk in. I quickly shuffled to my feet and act like nothing happened.

Me: H-Hey Natsuki! Hello Monika!

Natsuki: What's with you? You act like you've seen a ghost.

Me: Well you see-

Sayori: I posted a picture of you two online! You were so cute together!

Me: Quiet! Do you want to get us killed?!

Natsuki blushed vibrantly. 

Me: Welp, it was nice knowing you guys. May our souls finally be at rest.

Monika: You are taking this way out of proportion.

I laughed nervously, and Natsuki sighed in defeat.

Natsuki: If I hear about one comment on that picture from anyone at this school, I will go on a rampage.

Sayori: I'll be sure to spread the word.

I walked up to Natsuki and planted a quick kiss on her cheek, then set my stuff down at a desk.

Monika: Alright everyone! Before we get started, is anyone doing anything this weekend?

Everybody shook their heads no, all confused at the random question.

Monika: Great! I'll explain more on why I asked that tomorrow. Anyway, did everyone bring in their books?

We all reached into our backpacks and pulled our books out, except for Yuri of course who was already halfway done with hers. I pulled out a copy of Hush Hush, Sayori pulled out Hunger Games, and Natsuki pulled out some manga.

Monika: Great, we'll read for a little bit then you can do whatever you'd like until it's time to go home.

I stood up from my desk and went over to sit next to Natsuki. Once I sat down, I noticed she blushed. We both started reading our books in an awkward silence. I felt Natsuki lay her head on my shoulder, making me smile as I laid my head on top of hers. Slowly I began to get more and more sucked into what I was reading. But before I knew it, I heard Monikas voice again.

Monika: Alright! Free time!

Natsuki: You sound like my math teacher.

Me: Actually Monika, I was wondering if me and Natsuki could walk around the halls a bit. Just to give us some time to ourselves?

Natsuki: I was not informed of this.

Sayori: Is that reeeeally the reason you want to walk around? Hmmmmmmmm f/n?

Me: Don't be so quick to assume! I'm only 17!

Monika giggled.

Monika: Of course you can, just don't get yourselves in trouble.