2 - By All Means

Harry had set foot into the pub a few minutes ago and Louis had decided to stay outside and hide behind a nearby tree. In all his desperation, he thought it would be a good idea to run into the nearby forest to seek shelter and wait till Harry came back from his little night out. After all, it would be better to hide outside than cause a commotion inside a pub were basically everyone could effortlessly kill you.
So he waited. And waited. His heart beating fast.

It's been three years since he last saw Harry and just knowing that every second might be the last before they officially met again, was enough to reassure Louis. It meant the world to him to know Harry actually still existed. It wasn't just rumors, but instead the actual, undeniable truth.

His back was facing a tree as he slowly slid down to find himself sitting on the ground, playing with pieces of gravel while waiting. A small smile laid upon his lips as he listened to the music and the mumbling of dozens of voices coming from within the pub. Surely it wouldn't be long anymore.
Surely he'd be back soon. And he was right. After a while, he managed to pick up a crackling sound, just about when his ever-growing tiredness got to him.

Louis' eyes shot open, and he quickly stood up from the ground, looking towards the door of the pub. It has been two full hours that Louis had to wait. Two hours which he had spent playing with gravel and stones and even napping a little, when his sleep-deprived body forced him to. But it was worth the wait.
Styles walked right out of the pub. A smug smile on his lips. A cold one, but at least a smile. He probably got some new information. Maybe a treasure awaited him, or Styles felt like hunting down someone, only to kill them for pleasure. Just something Harry would do nowadays. But right now, he was walking further and further away from Louis. So he had to do something to make him stop. Something to draw Harry's attention to him, before the captain could make his way down to the harbor.

So Louis picked up a stone and threw it right in front of Harry's feet. A dull sound rang through the air as the stone hit the dirt path inches away from Harry.
Louis curiously peeked at him from his hiding spot, as Harry tried to observe the tree covered area to figure out where this damn stone had come from. He was puzzled but lastly decided to leave it and just continued on his way.
So Louis threw another one.
This time Harry took more interest in finding out where the stone had come from and started walking towards the forest where Louis was hiding in. He could hear the crunching of sticks and dried leaves as Harry came closer and closer. Louis knew Harry was about to find him.

Oh god, maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all.

Styles stopped suddenly, only about four trees away from Louis.
He tried to listen for suspicious sounds, but there was nothing to hear. Only the violently shaking tree branches as a sudden draft of air rushed through the leaves.
Harry shrugged it off and turned back around, only to get another stone thrown at him.
This time Harry's reaction was quick and in the blink of an eye, a dagger stuck in the tree Louis was hiding behind.
Styles had apparently noticed the direction from where the stone had come flying this time, but as he turned around, he still saw nothing.

Louis' heart was beating out of his chest as he pressed his back tightly against the tree. He was aware of the dagger close to him, and he knew Harry was about to get him. And he wasn't wrong, cause Harry started walking quickly towards the tree his dagger got stuck in. His drawn sword in hand, ready to fight if he had to. One quick or sudden move and Louis would have a blade in between his ribs, so he saw no way out, other than acting in desperation, to somehow tame Harry's paranoia.

,,No swords please. I don't have one." Louis quickly spat out. His eyes tightly shut as he noticed Harry's presence right behind the tree. There was no point in hiding anymore. So after a quick moment of silence, Louis stepped out to stand right in front of Styles.