14 - Back In Action

Louis was rather happy about being permitted to spend the night with Niall again, instead of having to spend it with Harry. He could have only imagined how awkward things would have gotten for him if he had listened to Harry's stupid order.
But on the other hand, sharing a room with Niall meant waking up early, cause his snoring was just the tiniest bit annoying. It was fine though because it was still a thousand times better than the alternative that had presented itself shortly before. Louis didn't mind it that much, now that he got to wake up and see the sun rise over the blue sea while listening to the waves crush against the ship.

This was also Louis' plan for today.
So he quietly got up, making sure not to wake up the still sleeping Irish lad, before he finally made his way up on deck, where a fresh breeze hit his tired body instantly.
Louis brushed the remaining sleep out of his eyes as he looked out over the sea.
It was a truly beautiful morning. The sun was just about halfway up, so the sky was already showing itself in it's best colors. Today would probably be a good day. At least Louis hoped it would.

He was alone on deck. The others were probably still asleep, but surely not for long anymore. The day had already started, so it wouldn't be too long till the first ones would come up on deck and start working. Meaning Louis had only a limited period of time to enjoy the morning.

He decided to go to the very front of the ship, from where he could look out int every direction. But once he got there and was able to let his gaze wander over the light waves, he noticed something on the horizon. And that something looked suspiciously like another ship. And it was heading right towards them.
Louis was a bit unsure about how to proceed, cause he was sure that no one was awake. Yet he couldn't just ignore it cause the other ship was approaching them directly.

Maybe he should tell someone though. But before he decided to make his way to find someone to inform, he wanted to reassure himself, that this was really serious. So he hurried around on deck to find a telescope, which he used to spy on the other ship with.

It was rather small. Not a galleon but definitely bigger than a sloop. Those kinds of ships were mostly not usable for the big, brought sea, so Louis was just the slightest bit confused to why they were so far from the mainland. A handful of blurry dots moved around on deck. So their ship's crew was up and ready. This might definitely be an advantage for them if they were to attack now. The flag that was waving atop the main mast resembled one commonly used by pirates in this region. They were probably amateurs though. That was the only logical explanation Louis could come up with. It would give an answer to why they would be so far out on the sea with an obviously not suitable ship while also displaying a pirate flag so proudly. Classic starter mistakes.

Louis had seen enough now. He put the telescope down and hurried back under deck, but no one had woken up since. So there was really only one option left. Louis saw his only possibility in telling Harry about it. Therefore, he hurried to the Captain's quarters, knocking on the door with a bit more energy than usual. It was urgent.
No response. So Louis knocked again, till a sleepy "yes" could be heard. He hastily opened the door to find a barely awake Harry Styles sit on his bed, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. He groaned in a raspy tone as he saw the small pirate walk in, thinking that he just wanted some entertainment again.

,,Hey, not to bother or anything but there is a ship heading right towards us."
Harry's eyes shot open, scanning Louis' features, like he would lie to the captain. But Harry noticed pretty quickly that it was serious.
,,How far away?"
,,Pf.. Couple miles."
,,Wow. Very helpful." Harry mumbled as he quickly put the rest of his clothes on before checking out the situation himself.

,,Guessing distances was never my job really, I was more of a Captain myself." Louis pointed out, while Harry put on his belt of weapons.
,,But I know that they are amateur pirates and that your crew is still asleep."
Harry stopped temporarily in his movements and furrowed his brows as he thought to himself.
,,Guess that means that we'll have to handle this on our own." Styles picked up the sword from Louis' training session and handed it back to the smaller one, who was a little skeptical to say the least.