9 - Coast

The crew rushed around, getting everything that needed to be done ready before anchoring. Some already broke out in conversation, excitedly talking about what they wanted to get, once they got to the city, while others just longed to feel safe and steady ground beneath their feet after some time at sea.

Meanwhile, Louis stood aside, at the front of the ship, watching as more and more of the coast became visible. The harbor, the beach line, some houses hiding behind a wall of trees. It all came together the closer they got to Spain. Louis could understand the excitement of the crew, yet he was sad that he might not be able to enjoy much of Spain himself. In the worst case, he would be stuck here with Harry and his mixed signals. But he shook his head, making the thoughts temporarily disappear. He didn't want to think about it. So instead, he watched as the crew headed for the docks, where they had anchored. Ready to go into the city, while Louis had to stay back on the ship.

Technically, he could just leave too and no one would notice. He could make a run for it in another direction and no one would find him ever again. Yet, what else would there be to do for him in this world. He waited so long to meet Styles in the first place. And living a normal life without piracy was just boring. So no point in leaving. Nothing would be better than this.

Louis couldn't stand looking after the men anymore while they happily enjoyed the town, so he walked away from his position, wandering around on deck, waiting for something he could do. But there was no captain in sight, and he also hadn't seen him leaving. It was quite strange. Normally, Harry would take the lead in such situations, but he was nowhere to be found.
Maybe he should go and look for him.
He contemplated it for a while, but with every passing second, he got more bored, leaving him no other choice but to head to Harry's room in the hopes of finding him there.

Nevertheless, once he reached the captain's quarters, he found the door slightly opened. But no sound left the room. Was he alone on the ship? Probably not. Maybe Harry was too caught up in his planning again, forgetting about the time like the busy man he was.

Thus, Louis knocked lightly, waiting for a sign, but there was nothing. Not even a noise.
Louis, having only the best manners, still opened the door, spying into the room through the small crack. ,,Harry?"

No response. Like he wasn't there. But he had to be somewhere on this ship.
Nonetheless, Louis stepped inside, closing the door behind him. Nothing like a quick snoop around. Which was actually a good thing, cause Louis could end up finding an unused knife or a dagger he could use. It would be less obvious than stealing one straight from Harry's belt. In fact, it was the easiest way to get a weapon.
But where did Harry keep spare weapons. In the drawers of his desk maybe?
Louis went looking. He pulled open the first few draws but found nothing but paperwork. And even on the table, nothing but journals, maps and even more papers. No weapons.
Louis scanned through the dimly lit room, finally eyeing a plain but sharp dagger stuck in a map on the wall. Finally!

Louis hurried over, gazing at the map first. It made him wonder. Weird to have a random dagger just stuck mid-landscape completely without context. Maybe Harry was practicing his throwing technic, or he threw the dagger to determine their next destination. Who knows.
The dagger was very much in a good spot though. Not even referring to the land on the map, but more to the dagger being in direct reach for Tomlinson.
So he attempted to reach it, but the very seconds his fingertips touched the handle, a thought struck him. A memory of how Louis stole a weapon last time and how it ended.
Last time, Louis stole it directly from Harry, and he was absolutely not okay with that. In the end, Louis was pressed against the wall with the very same dagger he stole, ready to get his throat sliced. Harry was mad at him back then. And even though it ended more pleasant, meaning Louis came out of it alive, he wouldn't risk doing it again. Cause who knew if Harry wouldn't actually make the final cut this time.

Louis changed his mind for the better and left the dagger alone. He wouldn't need it anyways. He'd been having a semi-okay life without weapons so far. And also he promised himself to be respectful towards Harry. Even if it meant following rules.
,,Look who is snooping around my room."
Louis immediately turned around to find Harry standing in the door frame. He didn't even hear the door open.

,,I didn't touch anything. I swear." Louis raised his arms slightly, even taking a step back from the dagger in the wall to seem less suspicious.
,,Honestly, kinda surprised you chose not to steal the dagger." Harry drifted off-topic, stepping into the room now.
,,Well. Don't need one, do I?"
,,Also, I'm surprised you didn't just leave with the others. Or didn't try to run off alone. I mean you could have."

Louis sank his arms again. He sounded like such a good boy now that Harry put into words what Louis did and didn't do.
,,Where should I run to? Don't know my way around Spain. And also. How long have you been standing there?"
,,Long enough." Harry merely said, walking up to the smaller pirate. Louis only now noticed the extra sword in Styles' hand, meaning they would start their training while everyone else was gone.
,,Take it." Harry held out the sword for Louis to take, who obliged and took it. He turned it in his hand a little, watching the blade shine. Gosh, it's been a damn long time since Louis last held one.
,,Alright. I'm ready." Louis smiled up at Harry. Maybe he was a bit overconfident, but he was so willing to fight again and get his old pirate spirit back.