- ¢нαρтєя 6 -

WILL OPENED HIS eyes, a yawn escaping his lips. Through the window he could see it was pitch black outside. He glanced at his watch: 2: 20 am.
Will silently got up, careful not to wake up the guy asleep next to him. It wasn't the first guy, this one was older... Will was pretty sure he was the fourth, maybe fifth. The room was cold on his bare chest and he felt himself shiver again .He stepped into the small bathroom, turning the water on in the shower and stepping inside. He felt dirty, but the water did nothing to ease that feeling. He sighed as he closed the water, stepping back into the room. He stepped to the counter, but the shirt on top wasn't his. He moved it to the side, and almost yelled.

Under the stranger's shirt sat a gun.

Will grabbed his shirt from underneath the machine and hurried to grab his bag from under the bed, quietly stepping outside. The moment the door closed behind him he began running, not even putting his shirt on. He ran until he was so far away he couldn't see the Motel anymore. Then, he just collapsed on a rock and started weeping,  crying so hard his eyes felt like they were about to fall off. His heart felt like it was about to explode.

When his crying finally stopped he was left alone in complete dark, complete silence. Again, he felt like he was in the upside down. It felt like there was no one but him in the world, like he was in the realm of monsters again. That's why when he felt himself reaching for one of the bottles in the bag, he made no attempt to stop himself.

                                                                                      ✴ ⁕ ✴ ⁕ ✴

That was just as hard as Mike had worried it would be. El had run out of her own house, screaming at Mike and telling him she was spending the night at Max's. Mike was left in her small room, and put his head inside his hands.
He hated himself for feeling relief that it was over. He wanted to be sad over her loss, but he just wasn't.
He was only trying to be fair, he didn't want to drag her on anymore. But the look on her face when he told her made him think it wasn't the right thing to do. Maybe he should've clued her in a little bit before hand, maybe it was too sudden...
But he had never broken up with anyone before, he didn't know how it was supposed to go... another reason he was happy things were over between Jane and him. He was 16, he should have time to try new things, experience another relationship...

With a boy, maybe?

the thought hadn't left his mind since it first came up. It made his stomach dance with butterflies. What would it be like to be with a boy? Could he do it? did he want to?
He didn't know if he could do it, butt he knew he wanted to. He really wanted to. Mike had never thought about himself as bi- but it just made sense. But one thing still made no sense whatsoever. Why was his mind going straight to Will's face when he thought about the prospect of a boyfriend? Why was his face turning a bit warmer when he thought about Will's hazel eyes?

Why didn't it make sense, actually? Mike had always felt a special connection with Will. He was more then just a friend, more then a best friend even.

 The moment he had seen Will's fake body in the quarry was probably the worst moment of his entire life. He could always talk to Will, and he always had this... urge to protect Will. He thought it was just because of Will's innocence and the way everyone seemed to pick on him, but maybe it was something more. 

When Dustin or Lucas got teased Mike never got as angry... He liked Will. and maybe he had liked him for way longer then he had realized. Maybe it was because he never thought a boy could be with another boy, the concept wasn't clear to him as a little boy. Maybe he actually had a crush on Will all the way from when they met, but just didn't know that's what it was. He had thought that's just how best friends act, but Lucas and Dustin didn't seem to have the connection Will and him shared...

Will and him made sense. Much more sense then Eleven and him ever did. He didn't even got to the part of wondering if Will felt the same way. He just sat there on the bed of his ex girlfriend, thinking of Will's beautiful face and how it might feel to lean down and kiss it.

                                                                                   ✴ ⁕ ✴ ⁕ ✴

Mike was awakened by the sound of the door handle rattling, followed by a few loud slams.
Fuck. He had fallen asleep in the Byers' house. He looked at his watch. 3:05. Double Fuck.

Mike struggled to find the door in the now pitch black room. The weird noises kept coming from outside. He finally found the door handle, twisting it and stepping outside. He went by Will's room, but the door was open and there was no one inside. How was Will not home yet? it was well past the closing time of the library... Mike tried not to panic. Maybe Will had gone to sleep over at Dustin or Lucas'!

He stepped to the phone, clicking on the voicemail. Will would never go anywhere without letting his mom and Jane know, would he?

But it wasn't Will's voice coming from the phone; "Hey guys, I'm so sorry but I had to pull an all nighter today too. I'm really really sorry. To make up for it We'll all go to dinner tomorrow, okay? I love you both!" Joyce's voice said, but it wasn't over. Mike's heart jumped when he heard his mom's voice; "Hey Joyce, it's Karen. It's getting late and Mike's no home yet, any chance he's with El? give me a call!"
Shit. Mike hurried to dial his home number. The phone only rang twice before his mom picked up.

Long story short, his mom was real mad. Told him to get home within fifteen minutes, or else. But Mike didn't care.
Where the fuck was Will?
Mike checked every room in the small house, but Will definitely wasn't anywhere near there. And what were the noises coming from outside?
Mike rushed to the front door and opened it just a slither, keeping the lock fastened. On the floor by the door sat Will, trying to get up. These must have been the slams Mike had heard before.

Mike opened the door all the way, staring at Will (who still hadn't noticed him).

Something was wrong.

[AUTHOR SAYS]

okay that part where Mike realized he liked Will was basically me ranting about why Byler should be canon. IM SORRY I HAD TO